Crema is a digital product agency specializing in design, technology, and innovation culture.
We partner with teams who need to build exceptional digital experiences that move their business forward. Our small, cross-discipline teams combine their sets of diverse skills in custom agile consulting, product management, and design thinking to help individuals and organizations thrive.
We’re passionate about what we do and who we do it with. At Crema, we live by our values and are looking for values-aligned teammates to join us in building something special! We’re not looking for conformists, we want individuals with diverse perspectives that help shape our company for the better.
While we have an office in Kansas City, we are a “Work from Anywhere” company so this is a remote position available to anyone based in the United States.
About This Role
We’re looking for a passionate developer with roughly three years of professional experience to join our team to help build and maintain web and mobile applications. Our developers are heavily involved in product planning and design, architectural planning and execution, and collaborating with the rest of the product team to deliver outcomes that meet our clients’ needs.
At Crema, we craft our product teams to solve hard problems—client problems and business problems—in ways that our clients and their customers love, yet work for their business. Our product teams are cross-functional and resilient, generally comprised of a product manager, product designer, test engineer, and several developers.
What You’ll Do
As a Developer II, you should have a few years (2-4) of professional development experience, specifically with Node, React, and React Native as these are our tools of choice. It’s also helpful if you know TypeScript or another statically-typed language (we write all our JS in TS—but we can train you). You understand platform-specific constraints and considerations and know how to apply industry best practices. You have worked with version control, specifically git, and have experience with release management. You have a working knowledge of how to write automated tests with tools like Jest and Cypress.
As a Developer II, you will be a core contributor to the team, but will have minimal leadership expectations put on you from the outset—of course we encourage and look to grow these qualities in everyone, but with your level of experience, this may not be your core area of growth just yet.
We believe in continuous feedback at Crema—you must be open to giving and receiving feedback—and you’ll receive some training when you join the team. A teachable spirit is important. You can prioritize tasks and communicate technical concepts to a diverse range of stakeholders.
As a remote-first company, we are looking for someone that thrives in an asynchronous setting and can balance intentional collaboration and communication with the ability to be self-driven and work independently.
We’re intentional with our hiring process because we want to find the right candidate for the role! Our overall hiring process takes about 4-8 weeks from the time you are contacted for your first interview. You’ll observe a high level of transparency during the interview process to ensure a good match. We’ll do our best to answer all of your questions and provide candid feedback. There is more information on our hiring principles and more on our careers page.
We’re accepting applications for this role until August 5th at 5PM CST.
Our process will look a little like this:
- Submit your application—we want to hear from you and how you align with our values.
- Phone Screen—if your application is selected, someone from our Ops team will reach out and schedule a 30 minute call to learn more about you and give you a chance to ask us questions.
- Interview with Craft Director—the next step is an hour long call with the Craft Director, Rob LaFeve. They will take this time to understand your skills and experience.
- Interview with team members—we’re a very collaborative company, and we want the team you’ll be working with to have a chance to get to know you more and how they may work with you. You’ll be meeting with a Group Director, and other members of the team for a 45 minute interview.
- Decision—after the team members deliberate, the Craft Director will inform you of the final decision. Whether or not your are offered a position, you will be notified as soon as possible.
Note: Industry research shows that individuals in traditionally underrepresented groups generally don’t apply to jobs unless they check all the boxes for the role. If you feel strongly that you have what it takes for this role but don’t check 100% of the boxes—that’s okay—we encourage you to apply anyway and highlight what you can bring to the table.
We are a remote-first company with a diverse group of folks all over the United States, working towards our purpose of making lives better through design, technology, and culture. Our results based work culture allows you the flexibility you need to work your best, including taking time to rest, play and restore with unlimited PTO.
We’re continually evolving our employee benefits & perks to stay competitive and support our employees fairly. These currently include:
- $500 home office budget
- Parental & medical Leave (12 weeks for primary, 4 weeks for secondary)
- 75% paid health insurance benefits, along with a health savings account
- Free short term disability & group term life insurance
- 401(k) and Roth(k) plans with company matching up to 4%
- Annual cash profit-sharing bonus opportunity
- Lead generation & employee referral bonuses
- $60 Phone & $50 fitness monthly stipends
- Dedicated innovation and learning days every other Friday
- Annual KC Week meetup
- Community volunteer opportunities
For this role, the salary range begins at $76,000. Our salary benchmark is based on companies with 51 to 250 employees, within the software industry, using the target percentile of 50% of market data. This data comes from a third-party service called Culpepper, and we use this data for everyone, no matter where you live in the US.