While candidates in the listed locations are encouraged for this role, we are open to remote candidates in other locations.
While candidates in the listed locations are encouraged for this role, we are open to remote candidates elsewhere.
Databricks has built a robust collection of open source software and commercial services to help make data teams worldwide more successful in solving challenging problems. Our ability to execute this mission depends on data engineers, data analysts, data scientists, and machine learning practitioners, all having a solid developer community and regularly engaging with each other and Databricks teams.
As a Developer Community Advocate, you'll focus on creating, growing, and managing Databricks developer communities. You'll do this by closely working with stakeholders across the company and aligning the community goals with product goals. You regularly engage with community members in forums, chats, or meetups. You have experience building and running MVP-like communities and know how to grow them. You are seen as a leader in the data practitioner community and have strong Databricks product knowledge. You'll collaborate with our product and engineering teams to share learnings from the community and influence the direction of our products. The Developer Community Advocate will accelerate the growth of both online and in-person developer communities.
This position will report to the Head of Developer Relations and work with other Developer Advocates and program managers. The Developer Relations team is passionate about data, empathetic to the needs of developers, and firm believers in using our diverse skills to explain our products and use feedback from the community to improve the developer experience.
The impact you will have:
- You will create and grow a new MVP-like developer community program for Databricks.
- Help build a thriving data practitioner community by directly participating in discussions and meetups.
- Represent the needs/desires of the practitioner communities to ensure the Growth team and other teams within Databricks hear them.
- Help scale product awareness by growing and building community engagement efforts.
- Support data scientists, engineers, and analysts in online communities like Slack, StackOverflow, and our new community.databricks.com.
What we look for:
- You have designed, implemented, or managed an MVP-like developer program
- You have experience managing, operationalizing, and engaging with developer communities, running user groups, or holding global meetups.
- You are a data practitioner with subject matter knowledge in data engineering [preferred], data analytics, and data science.
- You are a leader in the data practitioner communities.
- You are a solid communicator with experience writing about, teaching, or discussing complex technical topics.
- You have empathy and understanding of developer personas and can apply that to the design and development of good community experiences.
- You have launched a developer product and grown a thriving community. Alternatively, you have solid intuition, passion, and empathy for technical communities, which leads us to believe you'll excel at this at Databricks!
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) Plan
- Equity awards
- Flexible Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Family Planning
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Annual Career Development Fund
- Home Office/Work headphones reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Business travel accident insurance
- Mental Wellness Resources
Pay Range Transparency
Databricks is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The pay range(s) for this role is listed below and represents base salary range for non-commissionable roles or on-target earnings for commissionable roles. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to job-related skills, depth of experience, relevant certifications and training, and specific work location. Based on the factors above, Databricks utilizes the full width of the range. The total compensation package for this position may also include eligibility for annual performance bonus, equity, and the benefits listed above. For more information regarding which range your location is in visit our page here.
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 10,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, Grammarly, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Data Intelligence Platform to unify and democratize data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe and was founded by the original creators of Lakehouse, Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.