A World-Changing Company
Palantir builds the world’s leading software for data-driven decisions and operations. By bringing the right data to the people who need it, our platforms empower our partners to develop lifesaving drugs, forecast supply chain disruptions, locate missing children, and more.
What We’re About
At its core, the Deployment Strategist role centers around using data in operational and real-world action. Our customers come to us with a hunch that the only way to protect their troops, manufacture high-quality products, structure effective healthcare policies, or deliver aid to refugees safely is to make better use of their data. Deployment Strategists are responsible for turning that hunch into reality.
What We Do
As a Deployment Strategist, you’ll work as part of a driven and creative team of Engineers, Product Designers, and other Deployment Strategists to deploy software against the most exciting problems our world faces. Your mission is to synthesize disconnected streams of thought into an understanding of what the most important problem is, what the data means, what the product needs, what users are motivated by, and where the impact could be.
You’ll immerse yourself in our customers’ most intricate workflows. You’ll partner with customer teams and explore the data, and plunge into the product landscape to enable us to scale. A select number of Deployments Strategists may also be deployed to Palantir internal teams and problems. In this role, the problems you’ll seek will require a curious and analytical approach, a sharp intuition for product, and a strong degree of user insight to ultimately empower our customers to improve decisions.
No two days are the same, but you can expect to:
- Go onsite and meet with customer analysts to understand the critical questions they need to answer and locate their biggest problems
- Identify relevant datasets through deep engagement with customer problems and workflows
- Work with Forward Deployed Engineers to integrate the data into a stable and extensible pipeline
- Work with the customer to build customized workflows for new user groups
- Lead training sessions to ensure that the product is meeting user needs and having concrete impact on their operations
- Present the results of our work and proposals for future work to audiences ranging from analysts to C-suite executives
- Embed with our Software Engineering and Product Design teams to incorporate what you saw in the field into cross-Palantir product offerings
- Build and deliver demos to new and existing customers
- Scope out potential engagements in new industries and expanding locations around the world
What We Value
- Team members who aren’t satisfied with surface-level answers and will dive into the details of the data
- Low ego because the outcome matters more than who gets the credit
- Extraordinary ability to confront open-ended problems in unstructured environments
- Adaptive and introspective; willing to learn, guide, lead and follow
What We Require
- Ability to travel 25 – 75% required. Varies by location and team
- Experience with programming, scripting or statistical packages (e.g. Python, R, Matlab, SQL)