Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 200,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
The Customer Success team at Gusto is focused on understanding the business needs of small business owners, and consulting on solutions to help them thrive. We are looking for an experienced leader/manager to empower a growing team of Dedicated Customer Success Managers (DCSMs). This team will be responsible for driving loyalty to Gusto, through proactive outreach to our existing customers that help them do more with Gusto- this includes both revenue and non-revenue generating activities. You’ll also be building and improving workflows to create efficiency gains on the team that enable Gusties to do their best work.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Inspire your team and remove roadblocks so they can do the best work of their lives on a daily basis
- Coach, motivate, and empower the team to meet and exceed monthly and quarterly targets by providing ongoing performance feedback
- Develop and test hypotheses around how to create loyalty through proactive outreach to our customers during critical moments in the customer journey
- Design and implement new processes, systems and initiatives to drive team productivity and goals
- Analyze and iterate on our internal processes to make them simple and more efficient
- Design, manage, and report on dashboards that track impact, opportunities, growth, and productivity with leadership team
- Use data to identify and implement initiatives that will drive better outcomes for our Gusties and customers
- Empower team members with a focus on personal and professional development while managing Gusto business needs
- Work cross functionally to identify and implement initiatives to help scale the business
- Help grow the team by recruiting and training new team members as needs arise
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 3-5 years experience managing a team in customer success, account management, sales, or a similar field
- Experience in hiring, training, and developing a high-performing team of customer success professionals
- Passionate about our customers and helping small business owners thrive
- Analytic and strategic thinker with the ability to translate data into insights and actions
- Navigate and manage change with grace and agility for themselves and their team
- Strong operational skills, proactive approach to process improvement, and previous experience building out customer success initiatives and best practices that retain customers
- The ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally
- Success working in a fast-paced, high-growth environment, preferably in SaaS or technology
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, in order to effectively communicate client desires to the development team
- Excellent customer service skills. Strong experience with successful service recovery.
- Experience with CRM, preferably Salesforce, and/or a Customer Success platform is a plus
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $87,000 – $107,000 in Denver and most remote locations. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home with us.
Our company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Our company considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com