If you are passionate about all things MongoDB, love helping customers succeed, and want to play a critical role in the evolution of technical support for open source databases, Percona’s MongoDB Engineer position was made for you.
You will serve on the front line, providing our customers with best of breed professional technical support services for MongoDB, resolving complex problems for customers with demanding deployments and business needs.
At the same time, you will form the backbone of our MongoDB support organization, assisting your fellow support engineers, leading the way in blogging and Support content creation, collaborating with other departments, and having a direct, positive impact on our product strategy.
If you are ready to be a part of our team, then contact us today!
Your Experience, Skills, Attributes
- Excellent knowledge of both RDBMS’s and MongoDB, including:
- All aspects of configuration and best practices.
- Schema design, performance tuning, query optimization, & index tuning.
- Backup solutions.
- Replica set and sharding topologies.
- Engine selection and usage.
- etailed understanding of monitoring requirements.
- Demonstrable experience of administering Linux based systems.
- Knowledge about virtualized environments such as VMWare, Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Knowledge about cloud providers (AWS, Google Cloud, Digital Ocean and/or Azure)
- Ability to troubleshoot methodically, identifying and applying fixes for known errors, and when necessary, capacity to think outside of the box to resolve complex issues.
- Enthused to expand your skill set with new technologies as the industry continues to evolve
- Availability to travel for the occasional team meeting, conference and customer visit
- Experience working with customers in English
- Completed MongoDB University courses
What will make you stand out
- Percona Backup for MongoDB
- Experience with MongoDB Atlas
- Postgres DBA troubleshooting (basic level or higher)
- Nagios, Percona Monitoring Plugins and other monitoring tools.
- Configuration management solutions such as Ansible, Puppet or Chef.
- Percona Toolkit suite.
- Writing Python and golang is preferred
- Hands on experience of MySQL (Minimum 2+ years).