Database Administrator (SQL DBA)
Employment Hero Brisbane, Queensland, Australia Full-time 2022-07-26
Employment Hero is an Australian tech unicorn – valued at over $1 billion. Our world-class software is the easiest way for small to medium-sized businesses to manage HR, payroll, employee engagement, and benefits. We’ve grown 100% year on year since inception, and expanded globally in late 2020. We now service over 80,000 businesses and we will continue to grow rapidly in 2022 and beyond.
We believe in distributed employment and take a ‘Remote First’ approach with our team. We can hire across the globe, assuming that candidates have eligible working rights and are in a suitable timezone. If you’ve got the skills for the role and the passion for our mission then we want to hear from you!
*This role is fully remote and can be performed from anywhere within Australia or New Zealand for those with full working rights.
About our Database Administrator (SQL DBA) job:
Due to continued growth in our Payroll and Partnerships business, an opportunity has been created for a skilled Database Administrator (DBA) to join our team and continue their career growth.
Using your experience as a DBA, including experience with SQL Server, and knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure, you’ll:
- Develop database strategy and standards including design, implementation and support of database architecture.
- Contribute to database solution design for new projects.
- Manage installation, config, backup and recovery of database systems, patches and upgrades.
- Support development, test and production databases.
- Collaborate with Developers for performance tuning and review of data models and databases.
- Manage Level 2 support related to production database issues, providing fantastic stakeholder support
- Test, validate and implement database performance and resource optimisation improvements.
- Daily maintenance, monitoring, problem resolution and internal customer and developer support.
- Automate database maintenance processes
Your experience, skills and qualifications:
- Experience with SQL Server 2014 and above
- Exposure to Cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) Infrastructure including RDS, EC2 and S3 would be advantageous
- Managing, monitoring, configuring Clusters of Microsoft SQL Server (HADR/Availability Groups) of multiple instances and large size databases
- Performance and reliability monitoring
- Query / database schema optimisation
- Powershell scripting for non-interactive, automated processing
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, both verbal and written
Nice to haves:
- Some payroll/superannuation knowledge would be of benefit
- PostgreSQL or Elasticsearch knowledge
- Exposure to Data warehouse, BI and ETL processes
Some of our benefits:
- Remote-first and flexible working arrangements
- Employee Share Option Program: be an owner of Employment Hero!
- Self, health, wealth and happiness programs
- We set you up for success with the latest and greatest hardware, tools and tech + a generous budget to spend on setting up your home office (if you need a desk, chair, screen? You name it!)
- Continuing education / post-graduate assistance program
- Virtual yoga classes
- Weekly virtual happy-hour and social events to get to know your new colleagues, + quarterly & yearly team celebrations
- Access to the EH Employee Benefits Program and Hero Rewards Shop (of course!)
- Our Sydney office is dog friendly and remains open for team meetings, collaboration days and those who need a day away from their home office (we are a COVID-safe workspace for those who choose to use it)
Why join Employment Hero?
* Raised $181M achieving unicorn status in February 2022
* LinkedIn Top 25 Startups 2021, ranked #2 in Australia
* The Australian Top 100 Innovators List 2021
* Raised $140M Series E round led by Insight Partners July 2021
* Raised $45M Series D round led by Seek 2021
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2020, ranked #42 in Australia
* LinkedIn Top 10 Startups 2020
* Raised $22M Series C Round led by Seek July 2019
* Raised $8 mill series B round led by Seek and OneVentures
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2019, ranked #20 in Australia
* GetApp Category Leader Q1 2019
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2018, ranked #12 in Australia
* HRD Gold Medalist – Human Capital Management Systems 2018
* HRD Gold Medalist – Rewards and Recognition Service Provider 2018
* HRD Rewards and Recognition Employer of Choice 2018
* LinkedIn Top 25 Startups 2018
* EY Entrepreneur of the Year National Finalist 2018