Data Visualisation Engineer – Remote, EMEA
typeform Remote, European Economic Area Full-time 2022-07-26
Hi! Before diving into the job details, let's give you some context on who we are and what to expect when joining the team.
Typeform has seen significant change since it was founded 10 years ago. We’re expanding from a small Barcelona-based business to a truly international and remote company. Our vision is a world of more personal business relationships. We believe we can create that world by living our mission: To bring people closer with better conversations.
To do so, we look for people who are curious, ready to own their objectives, and passionate about taking organizations to their next chapter. But we are aware it’s not for everyone, our environment is perfect for those willing to become a change agent and roll up their sleeves to build our rocket ship.
About the team
At Typeform, the Data team is making data our #1 asset. And we know how important that is— our product helps people collect information in the best way possible, by making it conversational.
The Core Analytics team has the mission of speeding up Typeformers' decisions by providing reliable data that's easy to consume. The team focuses on maintaining & evolving our data warehouse as well as connecting it with Looker – our visualisation tool. Within the team you will work with our Data Warehouse Architects and Analytics Engineers and also collaborate with Funnel Analytics, Product Analytics, Data Platform, and Data Science teams on scalable analytics solutions.
That's why we need you. We're looking for a Data Visualisation Engineer – Looker to work within the Core Analytics team.
About the role
- Build and maintain data models using LookML, connecting Looker with the data warehouse ensuring data is available to be used by the business.
- Design and Implement a clear strategy for how we use Looker within the business, simplify the user experience and manage and maintain the full Looker ecosystem.
- Train Typeformers on how to make best use of Looker, our data visualisation tool to guarantee data-driven decision-making.
- Build, own and maintain a library of metrics definitions serving as a single source of truth for measuring our core KPIs.
- Mentor and guide data analysts and data scientists on data modelling and visualisation best practices. Work with them to translate business questions and requirements into data models and dashboards.
- Oversee and participate in the development of dashboards to visualise the relevant metrics for different parts of the company.
- Write advanced SQL queries optimised for performance, scalability, and ease of maintenance.
- Advocate data literacy across the company and enable them for self-serving data.
What you already bring to the table:
- You are ideally a Looker expert and enthusiast with experience in both embedding Looker within the business and in building Dashboards that business users love.
- You’ve got 2+ years of experience in embedding and using an enterprise Data Visualisation tool – where you were recognised as a subject matter expert
- You have experience building data models coming from multiple data sources.
- You have experience with git.
- You value simple solutions over complicated brain-melters.
- You can take a complex concept and make it sound simple, using clear visual references to help.
- You’re accomplished at orienting business users within the data domain, understanding their needs, and translating them into technical requirements to ultimately design effective data solutions.
- You like taking on big challenges—given the appropriate time and resources.
- You love to learn and embrace healthy debate.
- You're empathic, enthusiastic, and collaborative.
- You're fluent in English and eager to work in a multicultural, international environment.
- You've worked in a SaaS company.
- You have experience with dbt.
- You have experience with AWS Redshift or other cloud data warehouses (Snowflake, BigQuery).
- Experience with analytics tools like Amplitude.
To fulfill our vision (Bring people in) and mission (To bring people closer with better conversations), our 500 remote Typeformers from 55 different countries come together to live up and deliver on that promise.
In addition to being a validation of what we've built, our recent $135 million Series C funding round will fuel us to accelerate our product development, nurture emerging technologies, expand headcount, and deepen strategic partnerships across our platform with this investment.
Why? Simply because 89% of companies say online is their principal customer interaction channel.
Yet, only 34% of companies treat customers as unique individuals.
Are you ready to join us and make a difference?
* Typeform drives hundreds of millions of interactions per year, powering conversational, human-led experiences all over the world. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and do not tolerate discrimination and harassment of any kind, regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We believe that by celebrating our differences, we can win together.