The Within3 data science department has an opportunity for a mid level data science/AI software engineer. We have an expansive natural language processing project where we are summarizing the most common ideas expressed in datasets of captured text.
This position will own unsupervised text clustering projects, including the underlying k-means clustering methodology, automating the identification of the optimal number of clusters inherent to a dataset, and performing such text clustering on text data
We build our data science software primarily in Python, but may move to C or C++ as needed. We do not use R. All code must be written robustly and efficiently with good object oriented programming skills, not quick-and-dirty throwaway scripts, and pass code reviews. Writing efficient queries to databases, mostly Cypher/Neo4j and possibly SQL, will also be necessary.
Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, are stressed on our team so that we can efficiently build our products and learn from each other in a professionally supportive business environment.
- Research and develop the latest data science methodologies into proprietary software
- Develop and apply proprietary modeling software to build models with a multilayer perceptron, convolutional neural network, recurrent neural network, unsupervised training, language processing, and/or Word2Vec embeddings.
- Build and maintain graph databases that support customer applications
- Natural language processing
- Write and maintain excellent documentation of all work.
- Python development, object-oriented programming, and packaging
- Machine learning design, especially with TensorFlow
- Natural language processing
- Database skills, especially Cypher/Neo4j
- Basic Software DevOps (Git, GitHub, version control, test harness development)
- Basic AWS – Familiarity with the AWS Management console and managing data in S3 buckets)
- Docker – All development is required to be done with Docker to maintain a consistent development environments
- Ability to formulate creative, original, scientific solutions
- Strong requisite math and statistics education: Vector calculus, linear algebra, probability theory, statistical modeling
- Strong technical writing skills will be heavily stressed
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Physics, or closely related field strongly preferred
- Minimum 3 years of experience is required
- Managing automated testing in GitHub Actions
- Managing and using other AWS resources, such as EC2 instances and Lambda Functions
- Mathematical writing in LaTeX
- Lower-level language development, such as C/C++, may arise
- Relational database design/SQL
- 100% Remote
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- A work/life balance beyond compare. And we mean it!
Within3 is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We invite you to consider opportunities at Within3 regardless of your gender; gender identity; gender reassignment; age; religious or similar philosophical belief; race; national origin; political opinion; sexual orientation; disability; marital or civil partnership status or other non-merit factor.