Seniority Level: Entry Level
Location: Long Beach, CA or US Remote (in select states)
About the role and about You:
You will work together with an amazing engineering team to architect, design and help build our Data Platform that allows the entire company to work with data. You and the team will lead the process of defining, crafting and implementing the end-to-end data pipelines including data ingestion, rationalization, transformation, storage and query, in the context of both conventional and big data technologies. You will work with a broad range of our engineering team, like data engineers, full stack, game, web, mobile, and devops engineers to lay down the back-end foundation of our data applications.
You will also work closely with data analysts and data scientists to provide the company with data that helps grow our business, retain our users, build a better product and drive decision making. We are looking for someone comfortable in this highly collaborative environment and being an agent of change to help build an extraordinary experience for our customers.
What you’ll do:
- Design, build and launch data pipelines in production environments.
- Work with innovative data technology stacks.
- Design, build and launch new data models in production.
- Work with data infrastructure to triage infra issues and drive to resolution.
- Design, build and launch new data extraction, transformation and loading processes in production.
- Have ownership, along with the team, regarding data technologies to be used, processes, and engineering decisions.
What we’re looking for:
- BS in Computer Science or Relevant Technical Area. Alternatively, have 2+ years of experience as a Data Engineer
- Advanced Experience with Programming Languages such as Java, Python, Ruby or Scala.
- Advanced Experience with both Relational and NoSQL Databases
- Advanced knowledge in Computer Science, Data Structures, Algorithms, and overall Software Design
- Effective technical mentor to other engineers and enjoy doing it
- Experience with Test-Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Experience with Cloud Based Environments such as AWS
- Advanced knowledge in Linux
- Knowledge of shell programming tools
- Advanced Experience with Data Lakes
- Experience with Big Data technologies and solutions (Spark, Hadoop, Hive, MapReduce, Airflow, Kafka, Flink, Beam) and multiple scripting and languages (YAML, Python, Scala, Java).
- Experience with AWS services like EC2, S3, Aurora, RDS, Redshift, Kinesis, Lambda, Glue and others
- Experience with data visualization models, data marts, BI data stores, and SQL query optimizations
How to stand out among the rest:
Your resume/CV is enough to show off your skills, accomplishments, and experience. However, if you choose to include a cover letter introducing us to your awesome personality, we will read that too.
We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Zwift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing email@example.com.
Zwift, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Transparency in Coverage:
Health plan price transparency is designed to help consumers know the cost of covered items or healthcare-related services prior to the date upon which they receive care. Transparency in Coverage (TIC) regulations require health insurers and group health plans to create machine readable files (MRFs) that contain the negotiated rates for in-network providers and allowed amounts derived from historical claims for out-of-network providers and make those files publicly available.
Here is the link to the site on which Anthem posts its in-network and out-of-network allowed amount machine-readable files (MRFs). The link will allow you to search for your files using your Employer Identification Number (81-2798595)