At Optiv, we’re on a mission to help our clients make their businesses more secure. We’re one of the fastest-growing companies in a truly essential industry. Join us.
Who we are looking for:
We are seeking a direct-hire Consultant II to work in our Cyber Protection & Identity practice with a focus primarily on Okta products and solutions. This individual will have experience with the deployment, architecture, and best practices. The Okta Consultant will be responsible for owning projects that include assessments, upgrades, and initial deployments.
How you will make an impact:
- Identify and evaluate security gaps and help create security project plans.
- Anticipate security requirements and identify sound security controls for applications, systems, processes and organizations.
- Participate in various design and architecture discussions with federation partners and application teams.
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of various federation standards and help clients with their federation use cases.
- Modify and update the user experience based on project requirements.
- Work with clients to develop Identity and Access Management (IAM) strategies, architectures, and implementation plans.
- Install, configure, and implement IAM products and security risk mitigation.
- Design and develop access management policies and workflows.
Qualifications for success:
- Okta Certified Consultants and/or Okta Certified Developers are strongly preferred. Must have Okta Administrator certification at a minimum.
- Strong experience with Okta identity products, including Single Sign-On, Universal Directory, Adaptive MFA, Lifecycle Management, and Okta Access Gateway.
- Technical experience in designing and developing access management and single-sign on flows and adapters for logon.
- Understanding of Authentication, Authorization, MFA, SSO, Federation, and Directory Services concepts.
- Two or more years of experience with software development and implementation of one or more Access management and federation products such as Okta or equivalent solutions.
- Managing Okta solution deployments through the complete system development lifecycle, including analysis of solution requirements, solution design, architecture and supporting business processes, configuring and customizing IAM software products using Application Development Framework (ADF), and testing (unit, system integration, performance and UAT testing).
- Software development and implementation of one or more Access management and federation products such as Okta, PingFederate, PingAccess, Ping Directory, or at least equivalent solutions (e.g., CA (SiteMinder, AuthMinder, Identity Minder, Federation Security, Directory), or Oracle (Directory, Access Manager, Identity Federation).
- Utilizing methodologies, including Object Oriented Analysis, Design, and Development (OOAD), Unified Modeling Language (UML) and software development lifecycle.
- Experience with Okta Customer Identity products preferred
- Experience configuring authorizations with API Access management and implementing Single Sign-On (SSO) with OIDC
- Must have working knowledge of Okta Lifecycle Management and Administrative APIs
- Development of custom Adapters based on outlined customer requirements and use cases.
- Implementing automated provisioning of end-point by using custom provisioning flows, SCIM or JIT capabilities.
- Strong experience with C#, Java, or another object oriented programming language preferred.
- Experience with building Okta integrations from web applications to the Okta login and registration services using the Okta SDK, Sign-In Widget, AuthJS, and Rest APIs preferred.
- Experience developing presentations to senior client contacts.
- Ability to take a broad view of his/her position and take initiative to communicate, interact and cooperate with others; to work in a team environment.
- Bachelor’s (or higher) Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Math, Risk Management or related field, or equivalent education and/or experience.
- Willingness and ability to travel as required. The amount of travel will be dependent on the engagement. During the current COVID period, any client-related travel will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis and must be approved by Optiv Management.
- SSCP, Security +, CISSP, and/or CISA certification
Nice to have: