We make Octopus Deploy.
We simplify complex software deployments so our customers can focus on what they do best and ship software on time without unwanted disruptions or surprises.
🐙235,000+ people use Octopus Deploy.
🐙600,000+ virtual machines run our Tentacle agent.
🐙300,000,000+ deployments to date.
🐙90% of support emails answered in 2 hours or less.
🐙Over 3,500 organisations use Octopus Deploy (curious? check this out)
Octopus Deploy is one of Australia’s fastest-growing software companies (and we’re taking on the world). After bootstrapping for a decade, in 2021, we quietly raised Australia’s second largest ever venture capital raise, accepting a USD 172M minority investment from Insight Partners.
Join us as a Customer Success Manager at Octopus Deploy, where you’ll play a pivotal role in ensuring our customers’ success with our innovative product. Your day-to-day will involve proactive outreach to customers, nurturing strong relationships with key accounts, and leveraging your technical expertise in CI/CD, cloud platforms, and containerization to provide strategic guidance. As the voice of the customer within Octopus, you’ll advocate for their needs, influence product development, and contribute to evolving our customer success strategies. If you’re passionate about empowering customers, driving excellence, and shaping the future of customer success, this is an exciting opportunity for you!
This is a remote-first role based in Australia/New Zealand, working alongside our global CSM team in the UK and the US.
Salary range (AUD):
Junior Customer Success Manager $100,000 – $130,000 + stock options
Customer Success Manager $130,000 – $145,000
Salary range (NZD):
Junior Customer Success Manager $105,000 – $140,000 + stock options
Customer Success Manager $140,000 – $155,000 + stock options
A Typical Day Might Include:
- Proactively reach out to customers through various channels (email, support forums, social media) to ensure their success with our product. This involves understanding their goals, providing strategic advice, and identifying opportunities to maximize their value from Octopus Deploy.
- Developing and maintain strong relationships with key accounts, understanding their business objectives, and ensuring Octopus Deploy aligns with their goals. Regularly review account health and work on engagement strategies to prevent churn.
- Utilizing your in-depth knowledge of CI/CD pipelines, Cloud platforms (Google, AWS, Azure), and containerization to advise and guide customers effectively. Your expertise will be crucial in advocating for customer needs within Octopus, influencing product development based on customer feedback and recurring issues.
- Educating customers on available resources such as tutorials, documentation, and blog posts. These resources aim to empower customers and the wider community, ensuring they make the most out of Octopus Deploy.
- Acting as the voice of the customer within Octopus Deploy, providing feedback to the product and engineering teams. Collaborate closely to prioritize features and bug fixes that enhance customer experience and reduce support tickets.
- Contributing to the evolution of our customer success strategies. Share insights and best practices to enhance our support framework, ensuring a scalable, high-quality customer experience as Octopus Deploy grows.
- Helping customers with any questions or problems they encounter via email, Zoom and any other channels.
- Creating resources such as how-to’s, documentation, and blog posts to help customers and the support team solve problems.
- Playing a huge part in leading and growing our CS capability as our business grows. Have ideas to make your job easier or provide a better customer experience? We want to hear them.
You’ll Be A Great Fit For This Role If You:
- Have a proven track record in a customer-facing role within technology or software companies, demonstrating the ability to build and maintain strong customer relationships.
- Are familiar with CI/CD, cloud technologies, and containerization in a production environment is crucial. A solid understanding of the technical challenges our customers face allows you to provide practical, insightful assistance.
- Demonstrate exceptional communication skills, with an ability to empathize with customers, ensuring not just resolution of issues but a delightful experience. Your ability to document and share your knowledge is key.
- Are a natural problem-solver with a proactive approach to identifying and resolving potential customer issues before they become blockers. Your curiosity drives you to continuously learn and improve.
- Feel comfortable working remotely and adaptable to varying work hours when necessary. You thrive in a team environment and contribute to a culture of respect, innovation, and continuous improvement.
- Have in-depth knowledge of customer success platforms, CRM software, and other tools that facilitate effective account management, customer engagement, and data analysis. Your ability to leverage these tools for strategic insights and efficient operation is crucial.
- Are experienced in developing and implementing customer success playbooks. Your skills in creating structured, actionable strategies that guide customer lifecycle management, from onboarding to renewal and expansion, are highly valued. This includes identifying key activities and metrics for success at each stage of the customer journey.
- Have familiarity with these operating systems can help in understanding the technical environments of our customers, leading to more effective support and guidance.
- Understand programming concepts and database technologies enhances your ability to support customers in technically complex environments and contribute to the development of technical solutions and documentation.
Why Is This A Great Opportunity?
- We offer great benefits, including generous laptop and home office allowances, plus stock options!
- Annual leave of 25 x days.
- Parents receive 12 weeks of fully Paid Parental Leave.
- We value transparency and fairness in every aspect of our business. For example, Paul (our CEO) shares monthly updates on company performance, and our pay structures are designed to pass the ‘printer test’.
- Trust and autonomy. Octonauts are treated with respect, and are trusted to find the best way of working for the task at hand, without managers looking over their shoulder.
- You’ll be joining a high-growth company with numerous opportunities to learn and advance your career.
- Remote first: work from wherever you feel most productive.
- We are a supportive company where everyone’s contribution is valued.
- We respect and encourage work/life balance.
- We’ve built an inclusive workplace culture and understand the true importance of culture-add, versus culture-fit.
- From day 1, you’ll have a buddy helping you get your bearings. You can book in coffee chats with anyone in the company. We encourage everyone to have a voice in all aspects of the product and the business. So much so that we have an open chat policy (all channels are public by default) and everyone is welcome!
- If you need assistance or accommodation during the application process because of disability, please let us know and we’ll try our best to accommodate.
- Also when it comes to inclusivity, we mean it, check out our handbook!
- If you’d like to work at Octopus, reach out and say hello!
How to Apply:
- You must have ongoing unrestricted work rights and reside in Australia or New Zealand to apply for this opportunity.
- Submit a CV – your LinkedIn profile is also acceptable as long as it contains enough information for us to assess your fit for the role.
- We welcome any other relevant documents or portfolios necessary to showcase your skillset and why you think you’d be a great fit here at Octopus.