StreetLight pioneered the use of Big Data analytics to shed light on how people, goods, and services move, empowering smarter, data-driven transportation decisions. The company applies proprietary machine-learning algorithms and data processing resources to measure travel patterns of vehicles, bicycles and pedestrians that enable complex transportation problem solving using analytics available on SaaS platform, StreetLight InSight®. Acquired by Jacobs as a subsidiary in February 2022, StreetLight continues to provide innovative digital solutions to help communities reduce congestion, improve safe and equitable transportation, and maximize the positive impact of infrastructure investment.
As a member of our Customer Success team, you will work with organizations to help them become more data-driven and more sustainable. You will act as a trusted advisor and leader for your customers, helping them as they transition to use StreetLight’s product offerings and continue to make more data-driven mobility decisions. Our customers are on the cusp of adopting Big Data solutions at scale, and we are one of the first companies to enter this high-potential industry. That means we need savvy, sophisticated customer success professionals who go above and beyond to truly educate customers.
The Customer Success Manager will work with existing customers in the transportation and urban planning industries, ensuring that our products get implemented successfully and that customers successfully renew their subscriptions. The Customer Success Manager will have a portfolio of customers to manage and move through the customer journey from onboarding through successful renewal of their subscriptions.
Previous experience working with engineering, transportation, and/or government agencies is helpful to success in the role and desired.
Location: Position is based remotely from a home office, anywhere within the Continental US or Canada, with a preference for Central and Eastern Time Zones. In a normal year, regular travel to customer sites and occasional travel for company events will be required.
- Serve as Customer Success Manager for a portfolio of customers ranging from cities to state DOTs.
- Proactively manage customer relationships throughout the lifecycle of the subscription, which starts at the kick-off meeting.
- Design and execute customer success plans to ensure customer subscriptions renew on-time and revenue targets are hit.
- Develop onboarding plans for new customers assigned to your portfolio and coordinate with the StreetLight Support and Training teams to ensure successful adoption of StreetLight products.
- Lead quarterly business reviews and cadence check-ins with customers to engage stakeholders, assess subscription health, and move forward key subscription outcomes, including renewal and expansion.
- Coordinate and collaborate with members of the Sales Team to identify expansion opportunities and enable their pursuits.
- Prepare meeting materials, including usage reports or demos to ensure high engagement and adoption, and that value is being generated from StreetLight products, including StreetLight Insight®.
- Consistently maintain details of renewal opportunities and customer status information in StreeLight Data’s customer relationship management system (CRM) and provide accurate renewal forecasts.
- Interface with other functional groups, project teams and internal stakeholders to effectively resolve issues and remove barriers toward the goal of jointly achieving assigned quota and StreetLight business objectives.
- Provide regular updates to management, finance and support staff concerning account issues and financial status.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience working as a transportation professional, customer success/account management representative, or an engineer/planner.
- Experience selling to and working with public sector agencies is highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree is a plus.
- Strong collaboration skills and the ability to work in a team selling environment.
- Project Management/Program Management skills to execute success and onboarding plans.
- Proficiency with analytics software skills. Bonus for SaaS tools.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
- Comfortable presenting to senior executive management and large audiences.
- Multi-tasking, critical thinking skills and the ability to influence and manage multiple priorities are essential.
- Team-oriented, flexible, and able to see the “big picture” – because our entire team must meet our goals for StreetLight Data to be successful.
- Must be willing and able to travel regularly as needed to achieve objectives. Previous experience with quotas, and successfully achieving them, is a plus.