Pine Gate Renewables is a leading renewable energy company focused on project development and strategic financing of solar and storage projects throughout the United States. The company’s Pine Gate Impact initiative contributes to multiple non-profit organizations aimed at improving the environment and local communities. Headquartered in Asheville, NC, Pine Gate Renewables made the Inc. 5000 list in 2021, placing at #37 and named to Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list in 2021. Pine Gate Renewables works every day to achieve its mission to “Get Solar Done.” For more information, visit pinegaterenewables.com.
Pine Gate Renewables is a leading renewable energy company focused on project development and strategic financings throughout the United States. It currently manages over a gigawatt of operational assets, with more than 10GW in active development and has raised over $3 billion in project capital to date. This position will work with the legal, real estate and compliance teams of Pine Gate Renewables.
What You’ll Do
- Support our teams on renewable energy finance transactions with a focus on solar projects.
- Assist business teams in negotiating and drafting associated transaction documents such as MIPAs, utility offtake agreements, finance documents (including sponsor equity, tax equity, and construction and term debt), Requests for Proposals (RFP), and other contract documents with timely delivery.
- Provide a first level review of various contracts, agreements and other legal documents under supervisions of General Counsel.
- Provide overflow support of Real Estate Counsel in negotiation, review and execution of leases, easements, crossing consents and other real estate documentation.
- Ensure quality, clarity and consistency across all legal documentation.
- Support corporate governance and some compliance requests received from the company’s internal compliance group.
- On a limited basis, conduct legal research on various legal topics to create memorandum with recommendations and summarize findings.
- An entrepreneurial attitude towards development, problem solving and related project support functions.
- Manage other legal tasks of the broader legal team as requested.
- 4+ years of experience in a law firm or in-house legal department in renewable energy, development or finance.
- Ability to work collaboratively with remote colleagues.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple demanding workstreams simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Comfort with engaging in commercial negotiations and drafting.
- Solar energy tax equity financing experience.
- Prior in-house experience.
- Prior experience with energy storage solutions/technologies/transactions.
Education and Certifications
- US-credentialed law degree.
- Active license to practice law in at least one US jurisdiction.
Working Environment and Physical Demand
- Some travel will be required.
- This position will report to the Assistant General Counsel.