ConvertKit is a delightful creator marketing platform built for creators. We help creators own their audience and turn fans into customers. For makers, authors, chefs, musicians, athletes, and anyone else making a living by creating the culture we all love, there isn’t a better tool for reaching inboxes. More importantly, there isn’t a team more committed to helping creators earn a living doing work that matters.
We’re on a mission to help creators earn $1 billion using our creator marketing platform.
Recently we launched a powerful engine for creator monetization: the ConvertKit Sponsor Network. We are selling advertising sponsorships on behalf of newsletter creators. We handle all of their sponsorship communication, sales, contracts, invoicing, and reporting so that they can focus on what they do best: writing great content and growing their audience.
So far the response from creators has been overwhelming, which is where you come in.
As a ConvertKit Sponsor Network sales representative, you will identify and sell to brands from specific industries (e.g. food, investing, entrepreneurship, productivity, etc.) to fuel the engine of the network. Our goal is to build lasting relationships with each brand so they become regular sponsors in the ConvertKit Network.
As a sales representative, you are a natural relationship builder and connector. You cultivate relationships through outbound prospecting and inbound requests, understand the goals of each brand, find the right bundle of creators for that brand to sponsor, and sell placements. You are motivated by what we’re doing to help creators earn a living online.
Skills You Have
- Passion for building relationships – you enjoy turning cold outbound prospects into happy brand sponsors in the ConvertKit Network
- Excited by uncertainty – you don’t need a playbook, you’ll help us build one
- Self-motivated – you thrive in an autonomous work environment (you’re a contractor for a reason!) and communicate proactively with your stakeholders
- Technophile – if there’s an application that makes your work more efficient, you know about; even better if you have experience with Hubspot
- Master of communication – you easily juggle a high volume of zoom calls, keep your inbox at zero, and give compelling presentations
- Fast learner – whether you have previous advertising sales, business development, or account management experience or not, you’ll quickly learn the value of the ConvertKit Sponsor Network and showcase that value with prospects. They’ll leave calls with you educated and excited about participating in the network
- Able to work in US time zones – you don’t have to live in those time zones, but you have to be able to collaborate with your teammates during those times
- Meet or exceed monthly and quarterly sales goals to drive the success of annual sales goals
- Build relationships with sponsoring brands that lead to repeat sales
- Praoctively communicate progress against goals and upcoming challenges with your ConvertKit stakeholders
- Identify and prioritize new brands and sponsorship categories with input from your ConvertKit stakeholders
- Deliver 40-50 proposals a month to sponsor prospects
- Create and iterate selling strategies that write the playbook for effective sponsorship sales
- Follow predefined rate schedules and adhere to ConvertKit’s billing and credit policies with all sponsor clients; proactively communicate finance questions or challenges with your ConvertKit stakeholders
- Keep detailed records of brand contact information, meeting notes with prospects, and all sales tasks in Hubspot and Fathom
- Meticulously document all insertion orders, ad schedules, and more in Google spreadsheets, collaborating with your ConvertKit stakeholders to eventually transition this data into a to-be-defined system
This is a contract position with a monthly retainer of $5,833, with a minimum of 30 hours a week. Commissions start at 4% and can grow to 6.5% as quotas are exceeded. On-target earnings are $118,000 in 12 months with room to earn more. The initial contract will be for a six-month period with a mid-contract review to evaluate the work completed and decide on a possible contract extension.
How to Apply
To get started, complete this application, including answers to the questions on the next page. We read every single application, and your responses to our application questions help put your experience into context. Here’s what you can expect from this hiring process:
We’ll invite qualified applicants to a short call with our Sponsor Network Manager. If there’s mutual interest after that, we’ll invite you to interview with us. The interview will be 60-90 minutes long, with two members on the Marketing Team. Candidates who do well in the interview will be invited to work with us on a contract basis.
ConvertKit is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in all of its forms, and we hire the best person we can for each role, no matter your personal background. Research tells us that applicants who are female or non-binary, as well as applicants who are people of color, are less likely to apply for roles they do not feel 100% qualified for. If you think you meet more than 50% of our requirements but fewer than 100% of them, please apply. We’re imperfect communicators, so think of our job postings as the starting point for discussion rather than proof that you shouldn’t apply.