To learn more about our Hiring Range System, please click this link.
Mozilla Corporation is the non-profit-backed technology company behind pioneering brands like Firefox, the privacy-minded web browser, and Pocket, the content discovery platform. More than 270 million people around the world use its products each month.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff are driven by our vision to be the trusted guide through a joyful internet. We design, build and distribute software that enables people to enjoy the internet on their terms.
About this team and role:
Mozilla is seeking a highly motivated and skilled Contracts Specialist. You will be working in a small but mighty legal team that supports all legal needs of the company. This is a non-lawyer role in which you will handle all aspects of the contract life cycle. This position requires a reliable, self-motivated individual who can multitask well and provide timely internal client service. Sound interesting? Read on!
What you'll do:
- Review, draft, and negotiate vendor and contractor agreements, SOWs, NDAs, order forms, and amendments
- Use Mozilla’s software tools to handle the contract life cycle, including Mozilla’s internal contracting and spend approval platform, DocuSign, and Box
- Support the commercial legal team with all other aspects of the contract life cycle, including managing queues of contract review requests, sending signature requests and maintaining the recordkeeping of all contracts
- Coordinate cross-functionally with relevant departments, including Procurement, Finance, People, Security, and other teams to ensure all needed reviews are conducted and approvals received before a contract is signed
- Identify both business and legal issues in contracts and clearly articulate these issues to the legal team and internal clients
- Help to improve the effectiveness and efficiency in our contract management processes and template agreements
- Provide general support to the larger legal team, including on corporate governance and immigration matters and other projects as requested
What you'll bring:
- 2+ years of relevant contracts management and/or paralegal background with experience reviewing and preparing agreements
- Familiarity with common contract types (e.g. NDAs, SOWs, MSAs, Amendments, etc.) and key contractual provisions and their implications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong customer/client service skills, including ability to respond in a timely manner to requests from internal clients and follow-up as needed
- Excellent attention to detail with strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize and balance multiple projects and internal client requests simultaneously
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Bonus Points For:
- Prior experience working in-house at a technology company
- Prior experience working with a contracts management tool
- Prior contract negotiation skills
- Procurement experience
- Privacy/data compliance experience
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Req ID: R2444