Founded in 2007 by the creators of Kali Linux, OffSec (formerly known as Offensive Security) is the leading provider of continuous professional and workforce development, training, and education for cybersecurity practitioners. OffSec’s distinct pedagogy and practical, hands-on learning help organizations fill the infosec talent gap by training their teams on today’s most critical skills.
Become a part of our global presence and work from anywhere…
With team members in over 40 countries, we believe in inspiring people of all backgrounds and communities. The OffSec team is composed of diverse, internationally published authors, conference speakers, and seasoned information technology professionals from both the private sector and governments worldwide.
Excited about our mission and what we do? Apply and join us!
About the Job
Reporting to the Vice President of Content, the Manager of Content Development will be responsible for managing a team of content developers whose responsibilities include creating, producing and refreshing content for OffSec's Online Learning Library, live & online courses, and certifications.
Duties and responsibilities
- Direct, coordinate and manage the content development team to ensure they have what they need to perform content development tasks
- Manage the content development team’s deliverables and communicate the development status to the appropriate stakeholders
- Work with the leaders of the content team to set the content development team’s goals. Monitor, track, and communicate achievement against goals on a regular basis
- Hire, develop & retain content developers to ensure they are supported and empowered to do their jobs, and they have a fulfilling career path at OffSec
- Understand content development process, and iteratively improve the process where appropriate to increase content development quality and speed
- Understand security training market and trends to be an active participant in content development syllabus planning
- Be present in the community to gather feedback about our content, and use such feedback to improve our content where appropriate
- Be an active participant in the content team’s strategic planning activities and annual planning
- Encourage the team to be innovative, and regularly report on the status of new innovations.
- 3+ years of management experience of technical security teams, such as a pentest team, security researcher team, etc.
- Alternatively, 3+ years of management experience of technical content developers, either within or outside of the cybersecurity industry
- Experience with producing pedagogical content for the purposes of education or training
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Experience collaborating across cultures, continents and time-zones
- Ability to work independently while managing multiple tasks and deadlines
- Ability to contribute in a collaborative and professional team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
What it takes to succeed in this role
- A compassionate people person, cares deeply about how to help others succeed
- Passionate about learning and/or security
- Always learning new things, staying on top of industry trends
- A creative thinker, a problem solver, a go-getter, with a strong desire to get things done, comfortable trying different approaches
- An independent leader, who does not wait to be told what to do
- Humble, no ego, a real team player
- Practices growth mindset, learns through mistakes, not afraid to try new things
This role is a full-time salaried position. Work hours for this position are flexible and will be performed from a home office.
The employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing a computer screen, extensive reading, and visual inspection involving small defects. This is sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 lbs of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
This position will have ~10 direct reports.
OffSec provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.