Consulting Manager, Migrations & Modernization Services
snowflakecomputing Remote, MA, USA Full-time 2022-07-29
We’re at the forefront of the data revolution, committed to building the world’s greatest data and applications platform. Our ‘get it done’ culture allows everyone at Snowflake to have an equal opportunity to innovate on new ideas, create work with a lasting impact, and excel in a culture of collaboration.
Enterprises are modernizing data platforms and processes at a growing rate, to meet the demands of their customers. A majority of this journey requires not just technical expertise but also the ability to drive predictability, and manage complexity. Snowflake’s Professional Services Organization offers our customers a market-leading set of technical capabilities as well as best practices for modernization based on experienced leadership.
As a Consulting Manager in our Migrations and Modernization team, you will be responsible for leading a team of top-tier technical talent in delivering exceptional outcomes for our customers. In addition to coaching your team of high-performers, you will also look for patterns in order to develop best practices, standard delivery artifacts, and thought leadership. This role will report to the Director of Migrations and Modernization within the Professional Services and Training (PS&T) organization.
- Lead and develop a team of Solutions Architects and Consultants, who serve as Snowflake implementation, optimization, development and delivery experts.
- Be a mentor and manager of Snowflake Solutions Architects and Consultants helping them to develop their expertise and career
- Lead recruiting efforts for Migration Solutions Architects on your team
- Help manage bench activities and priorities
- Help manage and develop internal accelerators and tooling for migrations
- Provide delivery quality oversight and guidance for Snowflake engagements by ensuring adherence to technical and delivery best practices working with migration delivery managers.
- Understand how to position and deliver modernization solutions developed by the Workload Solutions team
- Provide guidance on how to resolve customer-specific technical challenges
- Maintain an understanding of competitive and complementary technologies and vendors and how to position Snowflake in relation to them
- Work with teams to standardize and refine existing migration methodologies
- Create technical solutions/accelerators to aid in migration efficiency
- Understand and educate team members on internal accelerators and partner technologies
- Collaborate with Product Management, Engineering, and Marketing to continuously improve Snowflake’s products and marketing
- Provide assistance to services sales managers who focus on positioning and scoping migration and modernization projects on key sales pursuits – scoping migration projects, performing code assessments, pricing services, creating statements of work
OUR IDEAL CONSULTING MANAGER
- University degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or related fields, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 10 years of experience in delivering technical services in SaaS, Cloud, and/or DB technologies
- Minimum 5 years of people management experience; experience mentoring, coaching and developing teams to deliver results
- Minimum 5 years of experience with large digital transformation and modernization projects with enterprise companies
- A mind-set of continuous improvement in terms of services delivery and outcomes
- Experience with mitigating technical risk in complex multi-year engagements
- Understanding of data analytics stack and workflow, from ETL to data platform design to BI and analytics tools
- Outstanding skills presenting to both technical and executive audiences, whether impromptu on a whiteboard or using presentations and demos
- Ability and flexibility to travel to work with customers on-site up to 25% of the time
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE
- Knowledge of and experience with large-scale database technology (e.g. Oracle, Teradata, Netezza, Greenplum, etc.)
- Experience with non-relational platforms and tools for large-scale data processing (e.g. Hadoop, HBase)
- Familiarity and experience with common data integration and data transformation tools (e.g. Informatica, DataStage, Talend, Matillion)
- Familiarity and experience with common BI and data exploration tools (e.g. Microstrategy, Business Objects, Tableau)
- Experience and track record of success selling data and/or analytics software to enterprise customers; includes proven skills identifying key stakeholders, winning value propositions, and compelling events
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents a reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado:
- The estimated pay range for this role, if based in Colorado, is $153,100-$208,250.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Snowflake’s bonus and equity plan
Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado with compensation that aligns with your location. The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location. This role is also eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; 401(k) retirement plan; flexible spending & health savings account; paid holidays; paid time off; employee assistance program; and other company benefits.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?