LivePerson (NASDAQ:LPSN) is a leading customer engagement company, creating digital experiences powered by Curiously Human AI. Every person is unique, and our technology makes it possible for companies, including leading brands like HSBC, Orange, and GM Financial, to treat their audiences that way at scale. Nearly a billion conversational interactions are powered by our Conversational Cloud each month.
You'll be successful at LivePerson if you are excited to build something from the ground up. You excel by finding daily opportunities to grow at the same pace as the technology we're building, and you build partnerships that improve our business. Likewise, you're someone who sees feedback as a chance to learn and grow and believe decisions powered by data are the norm. You care about the well-being of others and yourself.
The LivePerson Cloud Operations team is looking for talented CloudOps Manager to help take our operations to the next level. We are looking for a candidate that takes on challenges, continuously expands his area of expertise, and takes ownership of his work. The ideal candidate has a strong engineering background, an eagerness to follow good practices, and a desire to apply his skills in the field of DevOps.
LivePerson is looking for talented CloudOps Manager to take our Cloud Operations to the next level. The ideal candidate has a strong engineering background, excellent communication skills, and the ability to hire, mentor, train, motivate, retain, and lead new team members.
- Lead and mentor a team of CloudOps engineers, providing guidance and support in implementing and maintaining cloud services.
- Support the adoption of new cloud services, including gathering and validating requirements, testing capabilities, implementing services, and monitoring and maintaining service performance SLAs.
- Maintain cloud infrastructure using tools like Terraform and Ansible, ensuring scalability, reliability, and security.
- Collaborate closely with development, operations, and security teams to ensure that cloud infrastructure meets business needs and complies with security standards.
- Utilize your deep experience and problem-solving skills to help prevent and resolve production issues, implementing efficient incident response and escalation procedures.
- Implement DevOps principles and tools to automate routine processes, driving efficiency and reliability across the organization.
- Lead post-outage procedures such as correction of error (COE) and root cause analysis (RCA) procedures, identifying opportunities for improvement and implementing preventive measures.
- Recommend and implement cloud operations best practices, staying abreast of industry trends and emerging technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline, or equivalent engineering work experience in a CloudOps, DevOps, or similar role.
- Strong experience in Linux Administration, with a solid understanding of system internals and troubleshooting.
- Extensive experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible and Puppet, automating infrastructure provisioning and management tasks.
- Proficiency in managing cloud environments, with experience in Openstack and VMware, and preferably in GCP, AWS, or Azure (GCP Preferred).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to diverse stakeholders.
- Experience managing infrastructure in a hybrid cloud (on-prem & public cloud) environment is preferred.
- Proficiency in one or more scripting languages such as Python, Bash, or PowerShell is preferred.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire team members to achieve goals and objectives.
- Health: medical, dental, and vision
- Time away: 28 vacation days
- Additional: Food Vouchers, monthly phone and internet allowance.
Why you'll love working here:
Your entrepreneurial spirit will be supported. We love team members who chase down their big ideas, become experts, help colleagues, and own their work. These four company values guide our continued, holistic growth as individuals, as teams, and as a global organization. And to further make our point, let's just say we're very proud to be on Fast Company's list of Most Innovative Companies and Newsweek's list of most-loved workplaces. At LivePerson, the option to work remotely has helped shape who we are today: a collective of innovators and industry leaders working toward the same vision without ego. While we maintain hubs in NY and Seattle as well as WeWork locations across the globe, our employees choose the environments that work best for them from anywhere around the globe.
Belonging at LivePerson
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to make an impact and be their authentic selves. One way we share and connect is through our employee resource groups such as: Live In Color, LP Proud, and Women In Tech. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
We are committed to the accessibility needs of applicants and employees. We provide reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities. Applicants with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should inform their recruiting contact upon initial connection.state, and local law.