Be essential at Cars Commerce
At Cars Commerce, we’re fanatical about simplifying everything about car buying and selling. We do right by our customers and consumers to better connect the industry with simplified and tierless technology to enhance, measure and drive local automotive retail. Whether through our No.1 most recognized marketplace, Cars.com, our industry-leading digital experience, Dealer Inspire, our trade and appraisal technology, AccuTrade, or our new Cars Commerce Media Network, Cars Commerce is essential for success in the automotive industry.
No one ever travels alone here: at its core, Cars Commerce is collaboration. In fact, it’s built into the very fabric of our shared values. We like to say we Rise Together – putting people at the center of what we do, from consumer to customer to community. Life at Cars Commerce makes it easy when we share the ethos to be Open to All, encouraging open-minded communication because we know diverse thinking yields better outcomes. But critical to our success is Caring to Challenge and Taking Ownership, fueling a competitive spirit in a respectful environment where we think about tomorrow but act today. At our foundation, we have integrity, Doing the Right Thing, even when it’s hard. It’s our shared commitment to these values that makes Cars Commerce a place where growth becomes not only possible, but downright unavoidable.
But don’t take our word for it. As a U.S. News & World Report Best Company to Work For in 2024, we're obsessive about the employee experience. We are among the top 20% being declared “Best” of our industry based on six critical factors that are important to employee wellbeing, like quality of pay, benefits, work life balance and more.
About the Role:
The Client Partner, Media & Digital Solutions will be responsible for working with Cars Commerce Account Executives, Performance Managers, and Management to grow revenue across Dealer Inspire and Cars Commerce Media Network. This position will help identify, create and close new business and upsell opportunities across their assigned territory promoting digital advertising strategy, media planning, websites, and related technology solutions.
Candidates should possess superior knowledge of the automotive industry digital marketing and media best practices. Successful candidates should have a minimum of 5+ years of working in the retail automotive and/or digital agency industry. Should be proficient in presenting and leading strategic media discussions and conducting product demonstrations. Travel is required on an as needed basis to present to clients in person.
- Work cross-functionally to identify growth opportunities and develop action plans on customer accounts.
- Create a monthly pipeline of new business and manage the entire sales cycle including prospecting, outreach, needs analysis, demonstrations, negotiating, and closing business.
- Leverage advanced knowledge of paid search, social advertising, OTT/CTV, video advertising, search engine optimization, programmatic display, and retargeting to develop media plans and grow recurring media revenue.
- Consult with clients on their overall digital strategy and be able to present recommendations and communicate product value to both business and technical users.
- Audit customer websites to recognize areas to optimize with digital solutions that deliver on key performance indicators.
- Develop trusted partner relationships with customers to grow revenues over time.
- Analyze customer needs and implement strategies tailored to each organization.
- Maintain and report regularly on sales activity, revenue forecasts and closing timetables.
- Champion customers commitment through implementation phases and guide supporting teams to ensure customer satisfaction and success.
- Obtain competitive information and distribute as appropriate to guide marketing and sales strategies.
- Proven ability to identify and close sales opportunities.
- Demonstrated consistent quota attainment track record with a continuous desire to win.
- Excellent planning and solutions selling experience.
- Motivated and comfortable working remotely in a home office as well as from the road/field..
- Ability to conduct in-depth sales presentations including product demonstrations that highlight key benefits, return on investment and the value of solutions and services.
- Proven persuasion and negotiation skills.
- Experience in the automotive space or digital agency.
- Excellent communication, presentation and customer relationship building skills.
- Strong business acumen.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience.
- Overall experience selling advertising or complex SaaS/software solutions to business leaders.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
In this spirit of pay transparency, we are excited to share the compensation for this role. The range is expressed as total target compensation (base salary + variable). If you are hired at Cars Commerce, your total target compensation will be determined based on factors such as skills and/or experience. If the range is close to what you're seeking, then we encourage you to apply and learn more about the total compensation package and benefits for this position.
Our Comprehensive Benefits Package includes:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Healthcare Plans
- 401(k) with Company Match + Immediate Vesting
- New Hire Stipend for Home Office Set-Up
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Generous PTO
- Paid Holidays, Floating Holiday, Volunteer Day, Recharge Day
- Learn more about our Benefits, Perks, & Culture on our LinkedIn Life Pages!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.