Redesign Health is launching a new venture, StealthCo, a platform purpose-built for acquiring, converting, and managing pediatric physician practices in Medicaid value-based care arrangements.
The healthcare system is failing children on Medicaid. Compared to commercially-insured peers, these children face worse outcomes across the board, including in prenatal care, immunization rates, and well-child visit rates. Socially-determined barriers to care, such as poor transportation access, exacerbate this dynamic, with children on Medicaid approximately twice as likely than privately-insured children to face social barriers to care. For pediatricians, fee-for-service reimbursement rates, particularly those in Medicaid, are not sufficient to enable meaningful reinvestment in patient care, service, and access. Payors, eager to shift contracts to value-based arrangements, face adoption issues from providers who do not have sufficient administrative or clinical capabilities to succeed in value-based care. As a result, penetration of true risk-bearing arrangements in pediatrics significantly lags the adult population.
StealthCo will partner with and acquire pediatric primary care practices to enable a conversion from fee-for-service to value-based care by providing a full suite of support services, technology solutions, and care model innovations. Starting with the Medicaid managed care population, StealthCo will leverage these enhanced capabilities to develop value-based payor relationships and improve care access and quality for this underserved population.
About the Job
As the CEO of StealthCo, you will be responsible for setting the strategic direction and vision for the company while building a high-caliber team to execute on the mission and achieve business outcomes.
What you’ll do:
- Set the vision for the company and define the overall strategy from launch to scale.
- Structure and execute a thoughtful, quality-focused, clinical, and operational organizational hiring plan to recruit, retain, and develop world-class talent.
- Drive strategy and decision-making across all functional areas, including business development, payor contracting and relations, product, technology, marketing, operations, and finance.
- Determine the highest order KPIs and build the plan and team to measure, monitor, and improve them.
- Lead all fundraising activities to support growth objectives, in partnership with Redesign Health.
- Develop a comprehensive framework for initiating and supporting enterprise relationships across key commercial segments including payors and providers.
- Develop relationships with key pediatric community stakeholders (including schools, parental organizations, advocacy groups, ancillary providers, etc.)
- Design, execute, and refine go-to-market strategy centered around clinic acquisition, with potential for de novo and/or care enablement platform commercialization strategies.
- Assist in defining, evaluating, and evolving the product roadmap by identifying new opportunities and gaps.
- Drive operations and operational rigor, including full P&L and cash flow management.
- Regularly partner and communicate with Redesign Health and relevant investors/Board of Directors.
- Create and sustain a great company culture consisting of clearly articulated values and inspired leadership to enable strong working relationships across all levels.
- Build brand identity.
What you’ll need:
- 10-15+ years of relevant experience in the healthcare sector, with demonstrated progression of senior leadership roles (including CXO, GM or CEO experience).
- 7+ years’ experience in a value-based care setting with a demonstrated understanding of the interests of key stakeholders (payor and provider pain points, interests, and contracting models).
- Deep understanding of Medicaid dynamics with a focus on pediatric and family populations.
- Demonstrated experience building relationships and negotiating contracts with health plans / managed care organizations.
- Ability to execute an ‘acquisition-first’ model.
- Proven track record of successful fundraising in venture-backed companies.
- Experience hiring and managing teams.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and take a scrappy approach to leadership.
- Seller mentality with ability to identify and pitch new partnerships, clinical value-adds
- Action Orientation. Readily takes action on challenges, without unnecessary planning. Identifies and seizes new opportunities. Displays a can-do attitude in good and bad times. Steps up to handle tough issues. Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Resiliency. Is confident under pressure. Handles and manages crises effectively. Maintains a positive attitude despite adversity. Bounces back from setbacks. Grows from hardships and negative experiences. Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
- Drives Vision and Purpose. Talks about future possibilities in a positive way. Creates milestones and symbols to rally support behind the vision. Articulates the vision in a way everyone can relate to. Creates organization-wide energy and optimism for the future. Shows personal commitment to the vision. Painting a compelling picture of the vision and strategy that motivates others into action.
- Drives Results. Has a strong bottom-line orientation. Persists in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. Has a track record of exceeding goals successfully. Pushes self and helps others achieve results. Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Financial Acumen. Understands the meaning and implications of key financial indicators. Uses financial analysis and tools to generate, evaluate, and act on strategic options and opportunities.
- Follows through on commitments. Is seen as direct and truthful. Keeps confidences. Practices what she/he preaches. Shows consistency between words and actions. Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Strategic Mindset. Anticipates future trends and implications accurately. Readily poses future scenarios and articulates credible pictures and visions of possibilities that will create sustainable value.
You will work out of one of the following locations:
- In-office: New York, NY
- Remote: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming