About the job
We are launching a 4-wall stealth venture in the Ambulatory Infusion Center (AIC) and Chronic Condition Management (CCM) space. This venture will transform the way patients with complex, chronic conditions are treated by reinventing the Ambulatory Infusion Center as a tech-enabled hub for infusion and chronic condition management. The venture will grow nationally through both de novo builds and M&A.
Chronic disease is at epidemic levels and growing rapidly, driven by an aging population and secular demographic trends. Chronic diseases, particularly those treated with specialty pharmaceutical infusions, are difficult to manage and costly, with total cost of care currently estimated at $440B. As a result, payors are aggressively implementing tactics to mitigate spend, such as shifting patients to lower cost sites of care. Simultaneously, providers are in limited supply and constrained by increasing administrative burden. Digital CCM models have emerged to address these challenges but have been ineffective with limited influence over patient behavior and ability to improve outcomes. These stakeholder dynamics further exacerbate an already complex and fragmented patient journey. With infusion core to this journey, the AIC is becoming the preferred infusion site of care for its lower cost and convenience. The AIC’s unique relationship with the patient, at the center of their care, creates an opportunity to expand the AIC’s role in this patient journey and help solve the structural challenges faced by patients, providers, and payors.
Our Stealth Venture re-envisions the Ambulatory Infusion Center as a hub for Chronic Condition Management, providing an entirely new way of delivering care to complex, chronic condition patients. Our model directly addresses the chronic condition epidemic through a human-centric and high-touch model, supported by technology, that elevates the patient and provider experience and delivers better outcomes at lower costs.
As CEO, you will launch and scale the business and execute on the mission of transforming the AIC as a tech-enabled hub for infusion and chronic condition management.
What you’ll do:
- Set the vision for the company and define the overall strategy from launch to scale.
- Establish and execute the GTM and expansion strategy.
- Structure a thoughtful, quality-focused, clinical, and operational organizational hiring plan and recruit, retain, and develop world-class talent against that plan.
- Develop best practices guidelines for nurse and staff resource management.
- Drive strategy and decision-making across all functional areas, including product, clinical, operations, technology, marketing, and finance.
- Determine the highest order KPIs and build the plan and team to measure, monitor, and improve them.
- Coalesce patient needs, provider workflow, and areas of high clinical value and impact to define business and product strategy.
- Lead and execute market level and national strategy for the organization.
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders in the infusion journey including pharmaceutical companies, advocacy organizations, and ancillary providers.
- Build brand identity.
- Lead corporate development strategy and secure agreements with provider partners.
- Regularly partner and communicate with Venture Chair, the broader Redesign Health team, and relevant investors and/or Board of Directors.
- Create and sustain a great company culture consisting of clearly articulated values and inspired leadership.
- Drive operations, including full P&L and cash flow management.
What you’ll need:
- 15+ years of experience, most recently executive-level CEO/GM experience, in a high growth technology enabled organization.
- 5+ years of experience with provider networks and physician groups developing business models around the provision of care.
- 5+ years of experience leading teams and managing business objectives across strategy, corporate development, operations, product, and human resources within a 4-wall environment.
- Out of the box creative thinker and visionary capable of building entirely new models for care delivery.
- Strong communicator skilled at distilling complex ideas into simple concepts.
- Empathetic to the provider mindset on patient care.
- Seller mentality who can identify and pitch new partnerships, clinical value-adds, and revenue streams.
- Action Orientation. Readily takes action on challenges without unnecessary planning. Identifies and seizes new opportunities. Displays a can-do attitude in good and bad times. Steps up to handle tough issues. Takes on new opportunities with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Resiliency. Is confident under pressure. Handles and manages crises effectively. Maintains a positive attitude despite adversity. Bounces back from setbacks. Grows from hardships and negative experiences.
- Drives Vision and Purpose. Talks about future possibilities in a positive and compelling way. Effectively rallies support behind the company vision. Creates organization-wide energy and optimism for the future. Shows personal commitment to the vision.
- Drives Results. Has a strong bottom-line orientation founded upon data and analysis. Has a track record of exceeding goals. Pushes oneself and helps others achieve results.
- Financial Acumen. Understands the meaning and implications of key financial indicators. Uses financial analysis and tools to generate, evaluate, and act on strategic options and opportunities.
- Strategic Mindset. Anticipates future trends and implications accurately. Readily poses future scenarios and articulates credible pictures and visions of possibilities that will create sustainable value.