Who we are:
We are a stealth venture building a new model of specialty care to improve outcomes for people going through a perioperative journey. We are a team of highly experienced operational and clinical leaders who are experienced in launching new ventures and are experts in the healthcare arena.
For millions of people, the path before and after surgery can be confusing and riddled with to-dos, information, and educational materials that are confusing and overwhelming. Often this journey is lonely and frustrating for patients.
You'll have the opportunity to work on building a new model of care for a high-needs patient population that is often forced to manage the surgical journey largely on their own. Your work will be valued by your colleagues and most importantly by patients who will use this platform to better manage their perioperative experience with outstanding guidance, resources, and lifestyle change support to improve their quality of life.
Keys to your success:
- A growth mindset with willingness to learn from and alongside all care team members
- A passion for patient-centered virtual first specialty care.
- The desire to be part of a multidisciplinary team dedicated to improving healthcare.
- The ability to communicate with and provide care to individuals of all backgrounds.
- An openness to feedback and reflection to gain productive insight and affect personal and professional growth.
- A flexible and adaptable work style and attitude that can change and grow as we do.
More about the role:
We are looking for an experienced health coach who is excited about engaging with and helping patients through a successful perioperative journey. Coaches act as important and consistent touchpoints and support in between doctor’s visits to answer questions and help with setting and accomplishing goals before and after surgery.
100% remote, must have access to a dedicated private workspace for patient visits. This is a Full-Time position with a flexible schedule, including occasional weekend availability hours. If being hired in the pilot phase, onsite work at a local hospital may be required.
What you’ll do:
- Successfully complete onboarding & training daily during the first 5 weeks of employment.
- NBC-HWC certification required.
- Work with a reasonable caseload of patients 1:1 and in small groups, asynchronously and via monthly live virtual visits.
- Work with patients on goal setting & attainment from a catalog of available evidenced-based goals.
- Help prepare patients for visits with clinicians and follow up on action items after the clinician visit.
- Be an accountability partner, support person and cheerleader (recognizing their accomplishments) for patients on their health journey and provide motivation, guidance, support, and encouragement.
- Document all interactions with patients, including action items completed, goals set & achieved. All encounter notes must be completed by the end of the working day.
- Work as an integral part of a comprehensive and collaborative team, made up of medical providers, nurses, health coaches and ancillary services in order to provide holistic, comprehensive, patient-focused, quality, evidenced-based care.
- The health coach’s performance will be tracked using engagement, retention and outcome metrics related to the strategic direction and operational needs of the organization along with attendance and other internal metrics.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you’ll need:
- BA in health education, health coaching, nutrition, physical education or public health.
- 1-2 years of health coaching experience, virtual preferred (phone, text, and/or app).
- The ability to effectively use technology to deliver high quality care.
- An in depth understanding of the scope of a health coach and the ability to navigate situations that require a higher level of care and understanding of complexity.
- A readiness to confidently navigate uncertain situations with both patients and colleagues and a readiness to adapt to meet the needs of the patients and the team.
- Skilled in open, constructive and honest verbal and electronic communication. Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- High emotional intelligence & empathy towards patients.
- Culturally competent and skilled in working with patients from diverse racial, ethnic, religious and socioeconomic backgrounds,including patients who are overweight and obese, people with mental and physical limitations, and members of the LGBTQ community.
- During pilot launch a willingness to travel to healthcare systems and work onsite.
Perks and Pay:
- Forward thinking, transparent, and inclusive company culture
- Opportunity for personal and professional development as you work alongside a best in class team
- Work from anywhere with a flexible schedule mostly determined by yourself and your colleagues
- Full benefits: Flexible PTO, medical, dental, vision
- Competitive salary