At Shields, we pride ourselves on our culture of inclusion and kindness and the difference we make in patients' lives every day. We are tremendously proud to be certified as a ‘Great Place to Work’ two years in a row. In 2022, we were awarded US Fortune Best Workplaces in Health Care™, Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™ & Fortune Best Workplaces for Women™.
Improving lives and elevating performance are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why more health system leaders trust Shields to elevate access, outcomes and growth within specialty pharmacy — delivering value throughout the entire health system. Leveraging our proven Shields Performance Platform – we deliver the financial results that health systems demand and the superior outcomes patients deserve. With the foremost leaders in specialty pharmacy on our team; proven success partnering with more than 70 health systems; and a vested interest in delivering measurable results – we are the partner health systems trust to transform their specialty pharmacy into a powerful growth engine and elevate performance where it matters most.
Cash Applications Associate
***Hybrid schedule – 1 day in Stoughton office – 4 days remote***
The Shields Revenue Cycle Management team is seeking a highly motivated, self-starter who is looking for a challenging career with a fast-growing company in the Healthcare Services sector. Applicant should be results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality. Mature, credible, well-presented, professional, and comfortable in dealing with others. Critical to this position is a person who can work well under deadlines and time pressures. Applicant must be reliable and determined. Most importantly, person must be able to work as a member of a close-knit team.
The Cash Application Associate ensures payments for all pharmacy partners are retrieved and posted accurately and timely, posting lockbox entries, EFT/ACH deposits, and patient payments. This individual will resolve missing remittance files and any unmatched/unreconciled remittance detail by partnering with reconciliation vendors, third-party payers, pharmacies, and RCM analysts. This candidate will be responsible for contributing to the month-end reporting process by retrieving all necessary reporting related to payment activity. The person in this role must have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with clients, internal customers, and Finance staff.
· Daily entering of all deposit information into the appropriate third-party system for reconciliation
· Research and resolve any missing remittance files as well as unmatched or unreconciled transactions
· Conversion of manual payment/remittance to EFT/ERA
· Responsible for professional and effective written and verbal communication with both internal and external customers to resolve outstanding issues or questions
· Develops and maintains working knowledge of all functions within Revenue Cycle
· Ensures Shields RCM departmental quality and productivity standards are met
· Creates and continuously updates process workflows
· Observes legal and ethical guidelines of HIPPA for safeguarding patient and company confidential and proprietary information
· Other tasks, projects, and training as needed
The right candidate should possess the following skills and qualifications
· High school diploma/GED
· 2-5 years of medical payment posting experience
· The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with internal and external clients
· Be able to multi-task and handle competing priorities while meeting or exceeding deadlines
· Ability to work independently and as a member of the team
· Knowledge or experience working with a variety of health care insurance payers is preferred
· Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel and Outlook
· Ability to learn new technologies
Shields Health Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.