Innovate UK KTN
We connect ideas, people, and communities to drive innovation that changes lives.
Innovation is complex. The journey from idea to market is not straightforward and requires a diverse range of know-how, investment, market knowledge and research. Innovate UK KTN exists to connect innovators with new partners and new opportunities beyond their existing thinking – accelerating ambitious ideas into real-world solutions.
The future holds both challenges and opportunities. We are passionate about working with innovative businesses to overcome these challenges and shape the opportunities and solutions that follow.
Our vision is to create a network of innovators so powerful its ideas will change the world.
While business is at the heart of our work, our diverse connections span government, funders, research and the third sector. This unrivalled overview and connectivity enable us to be a trusted guide through a complex global landscape of research, development, and innovation.
Purpose of the Role
Reporting into the Head of Campaigns, this role is responsible for leading a team of talented communications and events managers, in delivering exceptional engagement activity for the Innovate UK group. This role will ensure that our clients and partners receive the highest quality of partnership and service – and that we build on our excellent reputation with the organisations and people we work with.
Working collaboratively with the Reach & Engagement Directorate, and with colleagues across the Innovate UK group, the role is responsible for designing and delivering event and marketing campaigns that effectively engage diverse and new audience groups. Ensuring, that while delivering for several independent partners and clients, Innovate UK KTN values, priorities and commitments remain at the forefront of our work.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead a team of marketing and events professionals, ensuring that they communicate effectively across teams and organisations, amplifying our reach and engagement activity
- Collaborate with senior colleagues across KTN and the wider Innovate UK group to ensure that anything in the public domain is of exceptional quality
- Ensure that there is a consistently high quality of output across your campaigns
- Motivate, lead and collaborate with the Directorate to explore the best ways of engaging new and relevant audiences
- Support on the planning and delivery exceptional user-journeys and experiences for KTN audiences, recognising the opportunities to make a difference at every touch point
- Support other members of Reach and Engagement as required
- Degree level or equivalent experience in marketing and/or business development
- Experience of managing multi-channel campaigns
- A demonstrable track record of delivering brilliant execution to an exceptionally high standard
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Able to excel when dealing with ambiguity, complexity and working within a fast-paced, innovative and matrixed environment
- Team player with good relationship building and influencing skills; enjoys working in a collaborative manner in an open, honest, and diverse environment
- Understanding of brand management across a diverse organisation
- Capable of working across organisational boundaries and with internal and external stakeholders
- High level of IT literacy
- Clear understanding of the Innovate UK group’s strategic objectives and commitments
- This role has a salary between £43,500 to £45,000 pa depending on experience.
- 28 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays.
- Enhanced Pension Plan.
- Life Assurance.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Wider Wallet employee benefits high street discounts scheme.
- Opportunities for continuous professional development as part of our Talent & Development Programme.
This advert will close on 5th August 2022 at 5pm, though some circumstances may require us to close earlier, so early application is advised.
Interviews will be held W/C 15th August 2022.
Please apply by submitting a tailored cover letter outlining your suitability with specifics relating to the requirements of the role, and your CV outlining your experience.
The postholder will be home based or out of our London, Harwell or Edinburgh offices with frequent UK travel.
Applicants must have the existing and ongoing right to work in the UK without restrictions as sponsorship for visas is not provided. Unfortunately, owing to the high number of applications received, we can only provide feedback to applicants selected for interview.
Should you wish to discuss this opportunity further, please contact the Recruitment Team by email to email@example.com.
Innovate UK KTN strives to be a diverse and inclusive place where we can all be ourselves. We welcome everyone to apply, especially those individuals who are underrepresented in the industry: people of colour, LGBTQ+ community, women, disabled people, people of any age or family status. We know that diversity makes us stronger and we strive to create a working environment that is inclusive, and ensures everyone can be heard and valued for their contributions.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to removing barriers for individuals with conditions, illnesses or disabilities and we will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application or interview process, and in their future role.
If you would like to request any reasonable adjustment, for any part of the recruitment process (including application), please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org