For more than 20 years, PointClickCare has been the backbone of senior care. We’ve amassed the richest senior care dataset making our market density untouchable and our connections to the healthcare ecosystem exponentially more powerful than those of any other platform.
With Collective Medical & Audacious Inquiry, we’ve become the most expansive, full-continuum care collaboration network, offering care teams immediate, point-of-care access to deep, real-time insights at every stage of a patient’s journey.
Reporting to the VP, Strategic Delivery, this is a pivotal role responsible for shaping the technology landscape within the organization. As the Director of Enterprise Architecture, you will setup and lead our enterprise architecture practice while building out a world class team of architects and process managers. This role defines, implements, and evolves the enterprise architecture framework, ensuring alignment with business objectives and industry best practices. The Director will partner with Finance, Legal, Human Resources, Customer Success, Customer Experience, Professional Services, Customer Support & Operations, Product & Engineering Operations, Marketing, Sales & Partnerships, Mergers & Acquisitions, Acute & Payer and Strategic Delivery Office to evaluate technology strategy, organization, business applications, infrastructure, and controls. This role will help our business partners assess and establish the enterprise architecture blueprint for business technology alignment to reduce costs, minimize risk, allow for growth, scaling our business and increase value.
To accomplish all of this, you will need to use your enterprise architecture experience, technical leadership, problem solving skills and business acumen to build effective cross-functional partnerships, influence the business, and use organizational skills to navigate ambiguity. You will work in conjunction with Technology & Business Leaders and cross functional teams to develop and manage the technology strategy. This is a highly visible role interfacing with all levels of stakeholders across the business.
- Craft and execute the strategic vision for the Enterprise Architecture practice within the organization
- Works closely with business leaders to understand the organization’s goals, objectives and develop a technology strategy that supports those goals
- Collaborates with other technology leaders within the organization to ensure that the technology architecture is aligned with the needs of the business and that technology initiatives are executed effectively
- Leads the architecture review board (ARB) to ensure we are making solid technology and architectural decisions for the enterprise while keeping the technology debt to the bare minimum
- Champions the application reduction and technology consolidation strategy for PointClickCare
- Provides oversight and guidance on the design, implementation, and maintenance of the technology architecture, ensuring that it is secure, scalable, flexible, and maintainable
- Produce target state solution architectures, perform architectural assessment and gap analysis and help formulate the overall solution strategy and roadmap
- Document design and create technical reference model, as well as repeatable architectural frameworks, designs, and blueprints.
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies and drive innovation within the organization by identifying opportunities to leverage new technologies to achieve business objectives
- Identify and manage technology risks, ensuring that the technology architecture is compliant with regulatory requirements and that appropriate measures are in place to mitigate risk
- Ensure effective communication of the technology strategy and architecture to all stakeholders, including business leaders, technology teams, and external partners
- Build a “learning community” of practice within enterprise architecture discipline by establishing a program of continuous improvement through assessment of internal and external best practices and lessons learned to achieve higher maturity
- Manage and deliver various internal initiatives and special assignments as assigned
Team Leadership and Development:
- Foster a culture of performance and customer centric service delivery practices
- Coach, mentor, lead and motivate a team of solution architects, process managers and application architects
- Provide leadership and coaching for the team’s career planning and development programs
- Provide support to the team’s resource budget, including any external professional services funding expectations
- Assist in employee recruitment, performance evaluation, promotion, and retention activities
- Be accountable for the smooth running of day-to-day operations and for building and maintaining a culture of high standards of practice
- Ensures projects are optimally staffed to effectively achieve milestones
Required Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- 10+ years of proven experience as an Enterprise Architect, with at least 5 years in a leadership role.
- Strong understanding of a broad range of relevant areas including:
- TOGAF/EA Methodologies /Frameworks
- ITSM/ITIL Process Design
- Cloud strategy, roadmap, & TCO/ROI Analysis
- Agile Framework (SAFe)/Lean Methodologies
- Experience in security, governance, risk, & compliance frameworks (NIST, CIS, CSA, ISO/IEC 27001)
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively with business leaders, technology teams, and external partners.
- Balances the long-term (“big picture”) and short-term implications of individual decisions and organization goals.
- Estimates the financial impact of EA alternatives and applies multiple solutions to business problems.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience managing technology risk and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Experience with emerging technologies and driving innovation within an organization.
- Experience managing vendor relationships.
- Leadership experience in building and managing an enterprise architecture team.
- In-depth knowledge of healthcare industry regulations and best practices, including healthcare standards and privacy laws.
- Familiarity with healthcare SaaS solutions and emerging healthcare technologies.
- Relevant certifications (e.g., TOGAF, CISSP)
- Public Cloud certification(s) (Azure, AWS, GCP)