The Business Systems Analyst will assist in researching customer processes and business needs. This role will work to identify and implement improvements in smaller, less complex processes. This role will also contribute to the documenting of business requirements, documentation and monitoring of system implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in researching customer processes and business needs
- Participate in gathering and documenting business requirements and determine technical impacts
- Collaborate with coworkers to learn and understand strategic business needs and plans for growth
- Assist in analyzing and evaluating existing or proposed business systems and processes to identify and implement improvements in smaller, less complex processes
- Contribute to the development of system related documentation that includes flow charts, workflow tables, mapping documents, integration specifications and provide system training
- Contribute to the monitoring of system implementation ensuring user satisfaction
Experience and Education Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or similar or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Understanding of requirements gathering methodologies and the SDLC
- Exposure to business requirements and business process analysis
- 0-3 years of experience in Insurance and/or Life & Annuity industry experience
- Experience with SQL
- Understanding of APIs
- Insurance and/or Life & Annuity industry experience preferred
- Experience with Tableau, Power BI, JIRA and Confluence, Alteryx, Informatica preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong analytical, critical-thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Fast, adaptive learner
- Ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- An understanding of Program & Project governance, lifecycles, methodologies (Agile/Waterfall/Release Management) and demonstrable ability to deliver a broad range of the activities required supporting the wider PPM service capability
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously
- Exhibits flexibility and tolerance for ambiguity with the ability to thrive in a rapidly changing business environment
- Dedicated work ethic
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, written and verbal
- Perform other functions, duties and projects as assigned
- Regular and punctual attendance
- Minimal travel required (less than 10%)
F&G believes in an employee-centric flexible environment, which is why we offer the ability for in-office, hybrid and remote work arrangements. During the hiring process, you'll work with your leader to decide what works best for your role.
Join our employee-centric hybrid work environment: F&G Careers
Since 1959, Fidelity & Guaranty Life Insurance Company (F&G) has offered annuity and life insurance products to those who are seeking security in retirement and protection during life’s unexpected events.
As a national Top Workplace1, an Iowa Top Workplace2 and a proud equal opportunity employer, F&G team members are empowered, collaborative, dynamic and authentic. We believe that by embracing these values, we will continue to build and strengthen the company while continuing to be a great place to work.
Notice for all Applicants who are California residents under the California Privacy Rights Act. Please click here to review the policy.