Pine Gate Renewables is a leading renewable energy company focused on project development and strategic financing of solar and storage projects throughout the United States. The company’s Pine Gate Impact initiative contributes to multiple non-profit organizations aimed at improving the environment and local communities. Headquartered in Asheville, NC, Pine Gate Renewables made the Inc. 5000 list in 2021, placing at #37 and named to Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list in 2021. Pine Gate Renewables works every day to achieve its mission to “Get Solar Done.” For more information, visit pinegaterenewables.com.
Travel Requirements – This role requires 25% travel (1 week a month) to the Asheville, NC Headquarters.
Pine Gate Renewables is looking to grow its Business Intelligence team with the hire of a Business Intelligence Analyst to work closely with business leaders and focus on organizational reporting and data analysis to be instrumental in transforming Pine Gate Renewables into a data driven enterprise. The Business Intelligence Analyst will become an integral part of the growth and scale of Pine Gate Renewables by using a data driven approach to optimizing the organization’s operations and reaching future goals.
What You’ll Do
Design, build, and maintain analytic assets.
- Lead conversations with requestors to understand business needs, guide users to existing solutions, and/or define and document business requirements for new solutions.
- Develops standard or custom reports, queries, or dashboards that access and consolidate information from a variety of data sources and provides ongoing support for data users.
- Analyzes data to produce insights and identify trends or anomalies.
- Design and build self-service reporting portals for business users.
- Creates/maintains documentation of knowledge assets, e.g. models, business rules, technical specifications (data mapping, data flows, dashboard content, data dictionaries, etc).
- Partner with the Enterprise Data Architect to define business requirements and ensure that the resulting enterprise data architecture supports business reporting and analytical requirements
Train, educate, and support users with varying levels of technical and analytic expertise.
- As assigned, deliver relevant formal training to business users in the use of reporting tools and assist in measuring the effectiveness of those activities.
- Provide training, mentoring, and development opportunities for key analytic partners on analytic tools and approaches.
- Provide effective, accurate, and efficient support services, including troubleshooting, UAT, etc.
- In a limited capacity may be required to fulfill some application administrator duties for the enterprise analytic platform(s).
Be a key consultative partner to business owners, stakeholders, and leadership across the enterprise.
- Work with key stakeholders to enhance and refine models, dashboards, and analysis with the goal of helping them use our financial and operational results to better understand company performance.
- Together with the Business Intelligence Manager and Data Architect, define processes, procedures and implement best practices within the Business Intelligence operating model.
- Coordinates/conducts processes and data audits to isolate anomalies and partners with business teams for top notch data integrity to ensure accurate reporting solutions that are consistent with defined business needs.
- Serves as a thought partner, evaluates options and make recommendations on courses of action.
- Proactively identify opportunities for change, process improvement, and enhancements.
- At least three (3) years of Business Intelligence or Analytic experience.
- Exceptional critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience building business intelligence solutions in Power BI, Tableau, MicroStrategy or similar platforms.
- Strong ability to translate business questions into data requirements and business intelligence.
- Demonstrated ability to seamlessly navigate between, and effectively communicate with both technical and business audiences.
- Experience with analytical languages such as SQL or Python.
- Exceptional data visualization and presentation skills.
- Detail oriented with a passion about quality and excellence.
- Solid understanding of the data lifecycle and how to turn data into insights.
- Working knowledge of BI, data governance, and data warehouse concepts and terminology.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Competency in Microsoft Applications.
- Solar or renewable energy
- Experience with project management data, theory, and analytic needs.
- Experience with financial data, theory, and analytic needs.
- Experience mentoring and/or training junior analysts.
- Experience training users on analytic tools.
- Experience with Salesforce.
- Experience with ERP systems.
- Working knowledge of, or experience in, a Power BI admin role (or similar).
- Familiar with performance improvement, lean and/or agile methodologies.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Experience with Azure Machine Learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) capabilities.
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
Working Environment and Physical Demand
- May require lifting/carrying items up to 50 pounds.
- Travel up to 25%