Imagine if adolescent education was designed for all students to develop lives of meaning and purpose? In 2015 Project Wayfinder was founded at the Stanford d.school to answer this call. With our fifth academic year upon us, our toolkits + trainings have journeyed to over 20,000 students, 1000 teachers, 200 schools across 25 states and 20 countries.
With our $1.5M seed funding secured, we are now pushing our expansion across the country + globe. Our goal is to continue to double our impact and revenue each year for the coming years. Our vision is to become the preeminent SEL curriculum company in the world – leading the global movement of purpose learning, meaning making and belonging-based education world wide.
What We Value
You will be joining a staff of incredibly motivated and dedicated staff members that are committed to living the values of our organization. We have a very close culture where team members get to know one another and build lifelong relationships. We also feel and act like a purpose-driven organization. To the best of our abilities each person’s role aligns with their own sense of purpose which feeds into the organization’s larger sense of purpose.
Read this article by our Founder about our workplace culture in Conscious Company.
We also value access, equity, diversity, and belonging. This is represented primarily in three ways: our product, our staff, and our schools.
Product: We have intentionally developed our curriculum to be able to cross national, racial, and socio-economic boundaries. During the process of curriculum development, we have had over 30 educators work on and develop the curriculum from a variety of backgrounds.
Team: Our team is composed of people from a diverse range of backgrounds and life experience. We intentionally recruit, hire, and work with people from diverse identities + experiences.
School Partners: We intentionally target a wide array of educational partners from traditional to non-traditional that work with a range of students from different socioeconomic groups: we have taught our curriculum in low income schools in the Bronx, independent schools in Silicon Valley, and after-school programs in San Antonio.
Wayfinder’s Business Development Representative (BDR) will be responsible for outbound sales prospecting. Rather than trying to close deals, their work revolves around generating and qualifying new leads—and moving them through the sales pipeline. Our BDR will build a solid understanding of the industry and our product, in order to spark meaningful conversations. As a result, they will spend much of their time reaching out to potential clients through the early stages of the sales funnel, either preparing prospects to speak with a closer or screening their true intention to buy our curricula.
We strongly encourage people from traditionally underrepresented populations in tech – such as women, People of Color, People with Disabilities, and LGBTQ+ people, etc – to apply!
- Represent Wayfinder’s products and services, starting with a comprehensive understanding and leading to consumer research to identify how our solutions meet needs
- Generate leads and build relationships by nurturing warm prospects and finding new potential partners
- Manage and maintain a pipeline of interested prospects and engage partners for next steps
- Identify best practices to refine the company’s lead generation playbook
- Utilize SalesForce, cold calling, and email to generate new sales opportunities
- Identify schools’ needs and suggest appropriate products/services
- Build long-term trusting relationships with partners to qualify leads as sales opportunities
- Proactively seek out new school/districts in the market
- Set up meetings or calls between (prospective) schools and sales executives
- Report to VP of Sales with weekly, monthly, and quarterly results
- Bachelor’s degree or at least 5 years of relevant work experience
- 2-3 years of sales experience, with a history of exceeding lead targets
- Strong communication skills via phone, Slack, and email
- Proven creative problem-solving approach and strong analytical skills
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing and scaling environment
- Experience working with Salesforce or other CRM software
- Prior experience or demonstrated interest in EdTech and/or K-12 education.
We offer a competitive package that is based on location and experience. We also offer the following benefits:
- + Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing venture-backed company.
- + 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- + Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- + Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- + Healthcare: Medical, dental, and vision policies.
- + Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- + Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, annual retreat, and celebrations.
- + Learning: Learning & Development Opportunities to grow your skills and career.
- + Great team: Working with fun, hard-working, kind people committed to making a difference!
- + Flexible culture: We are results-focused. We don’t work at the office every day.
- + …And much more! Lots of other perks make this company an incredible place to work.
Remote work. This role is remote, but requires you to be available for calls for at least 4 hours between 9am-5pm US Central Time. As such this role can be anywhere where you can commit to working half the day to overlap with that timezone, and will not require relocation once COVID is over.