Recurly, Inc. provides a versatile subscription management platform to manage the entire subscription lifecycle for market-leading brands worldwide. Subscription businesses such as Sling TV, BarkBox, FabFitFun, Cinemark and Fubo.tv depend on Recurly to harness the power of the subscription model and drive recurring revenue growth. Since its launch in 2009, Recurly has deployed subscription billing for thousands of companies across 42 countries. Our platform empowers billions of credit card transactions and has enabled customers to recover $450 million + in Revenue.
Recurly is backed by Accel-KKR, a leading technology-focused private equity firm with over $9 billion in capital commitments. The partnership offers Recurly access to significant capital and resources to make continued investments in technology and platform innovation and expand our go-to-market initiatives.
Headquartered in San Francisco, Recurly is hiring remotely across the US depending on role and experience.
Recurly’s Business Analytics team is responsible for providing critical business insights to internal and external stakeholders. We are looking for an enthusiastic Analytics Engineer to join our team and support those efforts by maintaining and improving the Business Analytics Data Warehouse. This person will work with raw data ingested by the data engineering team and develop tables and views that can be easily queried for ad-hoc analyses and Tableau dashboard development.
- Collaborate with business analysts and internal subject matter experts to understand our source data, systems and data requirements.
- Design, build, and document data models for the data warehouse and associated data visualization / reporting tools.
- Write and execute data validation test cases and resolve data issues.
- Continually evolve and improve data models to enhance accuracy, increase simplicity, and meet new and changing business requirements
- Support and improve data used for dashboard reporting and Business Analytics operations by analyzing, understanding, cleaning and validating data sources.
- Able to create, manage, and maintain data visualizations and reporting metadata with accuracy, scalability, and flexibility being top priority.
- Assist in building robust tools and dashboards that monitor key business metrics, customer health benchmarks, and track organizational performance on a scheduled and ad hoc basis.
- You have at least 4 years progressive experience in the field of analytics with a BS/BA degree in information systems, computer science, statistics, economics, math or other related fields.
- You have a foundational knowledge of dimensional data modeling including best practices
- You have advanced skills with SQL (CTEs, window functions, etc.) Beyond writing queries, you understand how to optimize queries to reduce cost and improve execution times.
- Working knowledge of the dbt CLI in a Git-based environment.
- You have experience working on large scale projects as well as handling ad-hoc operational requests from business stakeholders.
- You have strong relationship building and communication skills.
- Experience working with python and / or R
- Experience working with payments data and / or subscription data
- Experience with data modeling and architecture for consumption by Tableau and / or Looker.
- Experience with Google BigQuery and the Google Cloud Platform.