Business Analyst / Technical Product Manager – Remote
Zyte Lisbon, Lisbon, Portugal Contract 2022-07-29
At Zyte we eat data for breakfast and you can eat your breakfast anywhere and work for Zyte. Founded in 2010, we are a globally distributed team of over 240 Zytans working from over 28 countries who are on a mission to enable our customers to extract the data they need to innovate and grow their businesses. We believe that all businesses deserve a smooth pathway to data
For more than a decade, Zyte has led the way in building powerful, easy-to-use tools to collect, format, and deliver web data, quickly, dependably, and at scale. And today, the data we extract helps thousands of organizations make smarter business decisions, secure competitive advantage, and drive sustainable growth. Today, over 3,000 companies and 1 million developers rely on our tools and services to get the data they need from the web.
About the Job:
Here at Zyte we’re seeking an organised, articulate technology professional to join as Business Analyst in our team creating our next generation software solution, the Zyte API. Reporting to our Senior Product Manager for our SAAS software products, in this role you’ll provide the join between product managers & designers with the skilled technologists & data scientists who architect and build our software products.
You’ll be using your analytical thinking skills to take big-picture product specifications and create from these user-story maps, articulating user stories that our developers and testers can build, and working with these teams to see them understood and executed. You’ll work with several software development teams collaborating to produce our combined solution – helping us to spot gaps that we need to fill, to make sure that our software is coherent and unified for our customers.
We make software for developers and other technology professionals.
If you are someone who is comfortable with high technology and who likes to ask questions and learn fast; someone who has a logical and tidy mind; someone who enjoys working closely as a team and who wants to continue to develop your own skills as a creator of great software then we want to hear from you. We’ve got a vision that we’re excited about, and we’d like you to be part of our team.
Business Analyst / Technical Product Manager responsibilities:
- You will work closely with the Senior Product Manager and other product leaders to progress high-level product specifications into user story maps and well articulated individual user stories
- You will work with developers to identify technical tasks associated with user stories and make sure the different codependent, technical teams have a shared understanding of these
- As a SAAS business we thrive on data. You will help the team to understand what is working and what isn’t by investigating the relationship between the usage of individual features and subscription conversion / churn. You will explore data to identify causes of spikes or dips in sign-ups, trials or sales to help us see what we need to do to improve these, to grow faster
- You will conduct analysis on data to help us to experiment quickly – what is working? What isn’t?
- You will help us innovate, what is the market doing, are features worth building, how can we jump ahead and exceed customer expectations
- A great communicator (verbal and written)
- You’re able to capture and articulate features that people can understand, build and test
- You can lead discussions with technical and non-technical colleagues
- You have the confidence to lead discussions – ensure people take part and speak, keep them on track
- Ability to build relationships/ credibility through knowledge and results
- An organised logical person
- You can take a big goal and break it into pieces, are able to sense when the picture is incomplete
- If the product backlog is disordered or out of date, you’ll be the person who has an instinct to put this right.
- You’ll want to make sure you understand features and their dependencies in order that you can capture them correctly. You’ll go find people to give you explanations until you understand them fully.
- You’ll enjoy digging through data like a detective to find the underlying cause of outcomes like increased sign-ups or a drop in trials
- Your someone who wants to see things well made, made on time
- You’re willing to remind people, to chase people to complete on actions
- You have the determination to get time and get answers from busy people
- Subject Matter Expertise
- Technical enough to ask engineers good questions about architecture and product decisions alike
- 4 years working within software development teams
- Demonstrable skills in capturing written feature requirements
- Strong experience in agile practices – user stories and user story maps, points, scrum, sprints, velocity
- Undergraduate concentration in Computer Science or a technical discipline an advantage
By joining the Zyte team, you will:
- Become part of a self-motivated, progressive, multi-cultural team.
- Have the freedom & flexibility to work remotely.
- Get the chance to work with cutting-edge open-source technologies and tools.