We are open to candidates based in Europe.
At MetaLab, we design some of the world’s most beloved products. Founders at early-stage startups hire us to help build businesses from scratch. Leaders at global enterprises hire us to help launch new products.
As a Brand Designer at MetaLab, you will guide the brand design process from start to finish. You will be involved in all aspects of the brand design, ultimately delivering stunning, product-ready brands. This is a remote position, so you must be comfortable managing the brand process using remote-friendly methods.
We’re looking for designers who love logo design, typography, and color—and know how to advocate for the work. We do product design, so you must understand what it takes to get a digital product out the door.
- Guide the brand design process, from start to finish, getting involved in all aspects of the brand design.
- Create inspiring, beautiful, and relevant brands that strengthen the products we make.
- Complement and assist the product team, leveling up output by crafting a stunning, product-ready brand.
- Work closely with product designers, producers, client partners, and clients to educate and inform them about brand design best practices.
Brand Strategy: You make decisions that lay the groundwork for compelling and richly layered design to be built upon. You confidently lead workshops, translate outputs into unique brand strategy, and create strong and engaging creative territories that connect back to brand foundations.
Visual Design: Crafting the visual and aesthetic qualities of a brand, you understand the importance of creating divergent visual design directions. You can work with any brand and develop differentiated visual styles.
Critique: You actively and consistently participate in the team's established work share channels and rituals, proactively seeking feedback and unpacking unpack high-level and abstracted feedback.
Research: You leverage research findings to inform design decisions and create user-centred solutions. You collaboratively participate in research activities, and understand how research data can help measure the success of the work and inform design decisions.
Content Design: Whether following existing content systems or guidelines and creating within them, or contributing to the creation of net-new content guidelines, you use words to enhance the user experience and effectively solve design problems. Participation in content-led deliverables like taxonomy, naming, value props, and tone of voice are all within your repertoire.
Selling Design: Communication is key, and you will possess the ability to artfully communicate the rationale behind design decisions. You identify the inputs needed to build a strong design rationale, such as research, UX principles, brand strategy, and business goals. You prepare your work for successful presentations, both asynchronously and in live settings.
Creative Direction: Brand Designers create innovative visual communication and design principles that guide the entire project team's work. Through mood boards and example concept designs, you establish new Creative Directions. You effectively communicate reasoning, value, and implications, and can navigate complex client feedback and requirements to iterate on concepts successfully.
- Experience designing products and brands that can be seen in the wild.
- Proficient with design tools like Figma, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Comfortable working on your own or in a team, communicating directly with stakeholders, and collaborating with Product Designers.
- You are passionate about storytelling and are effective when communicating concepts to internal and external stakeholders.
- Confident in leading fundamental brand exercises, workshop activities, and sprint reviews.
- You enjoy increasing other people’s design literacy.
- You are adaptable and enjoy evolving how you work to ensure productive weekly sprints.
- You actively participate in feedback sessions and look forward to iterating on concepts.
Equal opportunity employer
Research shows that women and other marginalized groups tend to only apply for a job when they meet every single criteria. Does this role sound like it was made for you, yet you don’t check every box? Reach out anyways! We’re an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and diverse environment for employees from all walks of life. We hire based on talent, and we’re proud of our global perspective.