Seed Health is a microbiome science company pioneering innovations in probiotics and living medicines to impact human and planetary health. Our scientific board comprises leading scientists, researchers, and clinicians across the fields of microbiology, immunology, bioinformatics, dermatology, oral health, vaginal health, gastroenterology, mental health, pediatrics, and nutrition.
Consumer innovations are commercialized under Seed® with a mission to bring much-needed precision, efficacy, education and perspective-shifting science communication to the global category of probiotics. Our efforts to set a new standard in probiotics, microbial innovation and translational communication have earned various accolades, including Fast Company's World Changing Ideas in 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022, and TIME's Best Inventions 2018.
We focus on categories where microbial innovations and microbiome-related products will disrupt and capture global market share in the coming years (e.g. oral care, skin care, infant health, etc.). We have built a strong foundation with breakthrough research and strong intellectual property, and believe there is a substantial opportunity to emerge as an innovative product line, backed by the most rigorous science.
You are a designer who takes pride in creating beautiful and compelling brand experiences. You are constantly experimenting, seeking innovative ways to communicate complex scientific concepts in accessible and exciting ways. In addition to your sophisticated and intuitive sense of typography, color and visual systems, you seek to improve and push the company beyond current trends; continually asking questions. You empathically know how to meet people where they are and how to bring them along for the journey—designing for various touchpoints and understand the importance of connecting URL to IRL. The idea of making science relatable and understandable to the masses is a challenge that fuels your passion for creative excellence.
Who You Are
- 3–5+ years of professional design experience, in-house or agency.
- Passionate about customer journeys across touchpoints or devices.
- A strong portfolio of relevant campaign work. DTC is a bonus.
- Strong eye for visual design, color, layout, typography, and information hierarchy
- Experience working with or implementing design systems
- Expert: Figma + Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator—After Effect a plus)
- Positive, collaborative. and open to feedback
- Excited by researching, designing, testing, learning, and iterating
- Comfortable working with developers, product designers, and technologists
- Strong communicator
- Incredible attention to detail
- Curious experimenter, likes to push boundaries regarding channel expectations
What You’ll Do
- Work alongside the Design Director and Lead Brand Designer on the visual development, execution, and evolution of the visual brand identity, including layouts, typography, iconography, color, and other visual elements.
- Concept and execute brand campaigns that bring our beautiful world of microbes to life while never being dilutive of the science.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Performance, Product, and Content, to ensure brand alignment across our channels
- Work with the Design Director and Director of Storytelling + Education to concept and develop campaign-specific expressions that bring the intersection of science + art to life in compelling and unique ways
- Work with the Brand + Marketing team on broader initiatives that require the connection between URL and IRL
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices to ensure the brand remains relevant and innovative
- Tie design concepts back to business insights and data—you are able to articulate how design decisions ladder up to company initiatives, goals and objectives
The annual pay range for this full-time position is $100-120k + equity + benefits across all US locations (this position is 100% remote-US). Our pay ranges are guided by discipline, level and experience required. Within the range, individual pay may vary based on additional factors, including: your specific location, desired skills/ technical competency, relevant experience and advanced education/ training.
Benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, LTD, Mental Wellness, EAP, Wellness Stipend + 401(k) match.
Seed is an equal opportunity employer. For us, diversity isn’t an HR metric—it is the result of billions of years of evolution; it’s our nature. To serve our community inclusively means to cultivate a relative abundance of perspectives, backgrounds, geographies, and experiences. Like in biology, each role and its function is key to the productivity, sustainability, and resilience of our ecosystem.
Seed Health does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers or any employee of the Seed team. All candidates must be submitted via our Applicant Tracking System by approved Seed Health vendors who have been requested to make a submission by our Talent Acquisition team for a specific job opening.