Aiven provides an open source data platform as a service.
That means that customers upload their data to our open source software. They pay us to manage the software and everything related to it, so they can focus on building their own apps and services without worrying about data.
We’ve got the will – our mission: make developers’ lives easier, and help companies grow their business sustainably and securely.
We’ve got the way – our values: openness, ownership and courage. We’re proud of our positive and passionate working environment, and it makes us really excited about what we can achieve. With us, you’ll be free to contribute creatively and meaningfully.
We’ve got the funding – our trusted backers: with world-class investors like Atomico, IVP and Earlybird Venture Capital, in 2022 we raised Series D funding of $210M to fuel global expansion, sustainability and diversity in tech. With a recent valuation of $3B, we’re one of the tech world’s most recent unicorns.
We value and celebrate the diversity of our people. We strive every day to build an inclusive workplace where all of us can thrive.
Come and read more about us at https://aiven.io/blog/what-is-aiven.
As Aiven is in hypergrowth, the Billing and Payments team is growing and we are focused on building our foundation. You will have the unique opportunity to shape our customer billing and payment flows. You will draw inferences from process details and channel these interpretations to the big picture by considering business objectives in identifying and implementing process improvements. In addition, you will collaborate with our Product, Sales and Revenue Operations teams to design, build, and implement a comprehensive and scalable customer billing and payments experience.
We are looking for a designer; someone who will be excited to scale our billing and payment capabilities while thinking ahead about what we need for the future. To succeed, you’ll need high degrees of ownership and the ability to connect the work of multiple stakeholders.
You will report to the Director of B&P and your team members are based in Helsinki and Amsterdam. But this role can be performed remotely from any number of European countries.
- Embed scalable customer billing and payment flows by analyzing processes as they are (As-is); compare them to the future and improved designs (To-be); and determine necessary changes for arriving at the improved state.
- Leverage deep knowledge of our existing processes to recommend appropriate features/tools/systems while understanding and addressing the impact of change on people, strategy, systems and general business operations.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop strategies to enhance our billing and payments ecosystem, aligning business requirements with technical capabilities.
- Use data-driven analysis to support improvements. Monitor and measure the effectiveness of processes including identifying issues and risks based on inbound analysis.
- Build trust and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders while acting in an advisory capacity on billing and payments related flows/topics.
- Research and track industry trends and technologies for billing and payments.
- +5 yrs experience in a fast paced tech company with knowledge of Finance, E-commerce, and Customer Service-like processes.
- A strong background in business process architecture (e.g. process frameworks, controls and operations). Proponent of Lean Six Sigma/ Continuous improvement methodologies.
- Solid background in payment processing with a major merchant or payment processor including experience implementing alternative payment methods globally
- Experience working with Product teams including third-party technical integrations
- Knowledge of Project Management principles and methodology (including Agile framework)
- Problem-solving, creative attitude and ability to deal with ambiguity
- Experience with designing solutions collaboratively across a wide stakeholder group and able to work in a fast-developing environment
- An agile working environment with short decision paths
- Compensation for open-source contributions made in your free time
- Flexible working hours, including remote work
- Choose the devices and tools that make you work the best
- Participation in employee stock option plan
- Office snacks, soft drinks, treats and fruits
Please note that benefits and perks may slightly differ depending on location.
You will be part of a highly-skilled, tight-knit team, making your contribution essential to
Amazing! What’s next?
Send us your CV and we’ll get in touch.