Behavioral Health/EAP Consultant (Remote)
- Are you an experienced Behavioral Health/EAP Consultant looking for a new challenge?
- Do you value care management and quality improvement?
- Are you motivated, energetic, and excited to become part of the Kepro team?
If so, you might be our next new team member!
Who we need:
Performs in-depth telephonic assessments and consultations; provides short-term problem resolution; referral and follow up for members covered by Kepro’s Telephonic Behavioral Health Support Program.
Kepro is a rapidly growing national quality improvement and care management organization. We work to ensure that over 20 million people receive the right care, at the right time, in the right setting.
People Focused. Mission Driven.
Shape the future of healthcare with us. We are mission driven to improve lives through healthcare quality and clinical expertise.
We do this through our people.
At Kepro, you can do meaningful work that makes a real difference for the lives of individuals across the country. We are an organization that cares deeply about our employees and we provide the training and support to do the best work of your career.
Benefits are a key component of your rewards package at Kepro. These benefits are designed to provide you and your family additional protection, security, and support for both your career and your life away from work. They are comprehensive and fit a variety of needs and situations. Our benefits include comprehensive health plans, paid time off, retirement savings, corporate wellness, educational assistance, corporate discounts and more.
What you’ll do:
- Performs routine and urgent clinical risk assessments; expert consultation; short-term problem resolution; referral and follow up for all members seeking services.
- The BH Consultant must be able to assess a wide array of workplace issues and develop appropriate action plan.
- The consultant must be knowledgeable of various behavioral health conditions and appropriate resource recommendations in response to these mental health concerns.
- Other duties as assigned in order to assist internal and external customers in achieving departmental goals.
The list of accountabilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties that management may deem necessary from time to time.
What you’ll need:
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, or related field required.
- Independently Licensed in the State of Virginia required
- CEAP preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Must demonstrate knowledge of behavioral health risk factors and be able to assess potential risk of harm issues.
- Must have the clinical expertise to perform a thorough risk assessment and develop an action plan that meets clients immediate and short-term needs.
- Advanced knowledge in chemical dependency, indicators of risk associated with withdrawal, and appropriate treatment modalities
- Must have knowledge of confidentiality laws and their exceptions.
- Must have a conceptual understanding of the dual client.
- Perform risk assessments (depression, substance, domestic violence, suicide, homicide and the potential for workplace violence) with the ability to engage and direct clients to appropriate resources based clinical presentation and level of urgency.
- Must have the ability to assess an array of complex psychiatric and daily living needs in a diverse client population.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to remain calm in a crisis
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to problem-solve, exercise judgment, and make critical decision
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills in an environment that requires a team effort
- Creativity and ability to “think outside the box.”
- Self-starter with drive and desire to learn
- To be flexible and adapt to change
- Ability to work independently but know when to seek supervision if needed
- Minimum 3-5 years employment in the mental health field where the assessment of mental illness and substance abuse was a key function
- Some call center experience is highly preferred
We know your time is valuable and we thank you in advance for applying for this position. Due to the high volume of applicants we receive, only those who are chosen to advance in our interview process will be contacted. We sincerely appreciate your interest in Kepro and invite you to apply to future openings that may be of interest. Best of luck in your search!
~ The Kepro Talent Acquisition Team
Mental and Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made as required by law in an attempt to enable an individual with a disability to perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for prolonged periods of time; key and/or control objects; interact extensively with internal and external customers; occasionally lift and/or move objects weighing up to 10 pounds; and occasionally travel within the state.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Kepro is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.