The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,800+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
The Delivery team is responsible for guaranteeing and improving the software delivery for GitLab.com, as well as self-managed users by improving the release management tooling and processes. Delivery engineers work closely with teams across Development, Quality, Security, and Reliability Engineering to ensure features are delivered in a safe, scalable and efficient fashion.
Backend Engineers with Delivery:Orchestration specialization work alongside Site Reliability Engineers with a focus primarily on improving release management tooling and processes. While the SRE's approach their responsibilities from an operational perspective, Backend Engineers approach the same problems from a software developer point of view and collaborate closely on finding an optimal solution that will safely and quickly deliver code to various supported environments.
- Guarantees the GitLab Release Process
- Creates new tools to automate the release process
- Builds new GitLab release features to replace existing custom tooling
- Works with individual teams on defining and implementing solutions that will help them release quicker
- Creates frameworks that allow engineers to write code that scales with demand
- Helps teams instrument their code and helps recognize parts of code that could benefit from increased observability
- Works closely with peer Infrastructure teams to control the impact of application code running in user facing products
- Helps communicate the release schedule clearly with others
- Develop monitoring and alerting to measure release process velocity
- Identify process bottlenecks and introduce optimizations
As an ideal candidate you will have
- Proficiency with Ruby on Rails or other Ruby frameworks
- Boundless curiosity and a demonstrable ability to learn
- Experience working on large scale systems
- Experience optimizing Continuous Delivery and Continuous Deployment pipelines as well as the tooling and processes that go with them
- A strong application and systems observability background
You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
The Delivery team has the following performance indicators:
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook. The compensation calculator can be found towards the bottom of the page.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
For Colorado residents: The base salary range for this role’s listed level is currently $89,600 – $163,200 for Colorado residents only. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data. See more information on our benefits and equity. Sales roles are also eligible for incentive pay targeted at up to 100% of the offered base salary. Disclosure as required by the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, C.R.S. § 8-5-101 et seq.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.