As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide – our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
To ensure Kraken is the right fit for you, please ensure you read Kraken Culture Explained to find out more about us!
*Role is based in GMT + or – 2 hours*
Our Engineering team is having a blast while delivering the most sophisticated crypto-trading platform out there. Help us continue to define and lead the industry.
As part of Kraken Futures Backend team, you will work within a world-class team of engineers building Kraken Futures infrastructure using Rust. As a Backend Engineer, you help design and implement new services, and port legacy ones into Rust. You will work on projects through their lifecycle, from their initial requirements, implementation and up to production.
- Design and implementation of Micro-services in Rust
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Implementation of security and data protection services
- Write highly scalable, latency sensitive and high volume services
- Build and maintain internal developer tools
- Production support and troubleshooting
- At least 2 years of experience in software engineering or Open source contributions/personal projects
- Experience writing asynchronous code
- Experience writing code in Rust
- Ability to independently debug problems involving the network and operating system
- Proactive, self-driven mindset
- Good communicator
Nice to have
- Have experience using Kubernetes
- Be familiar with core AWS services (EC2, ELB, S3, RDS)
- Have experience building CI pipelines and/or developer tools
- Have experience with other strongly typed languages
- Experience with distributed systems, messaging systems, Kafka, SQL
- Be passionate about secure, reliable and fast software
- Open source contributions, including in Rust
- Familiar with Java/Kotlin and the JVM
- Experience using docker
- Experience using Linux