Rackers: Valued members of a winning team Our employees, affectionately called “Rackers,” are our true strength and differentiator. As valued members of a winning team on an inspiring mission, Rackers make a real difference for our customers. It’s why we’re frequently recognized as an employer of choice by global industry-leading programs, including Great Place to Work, Forbes and Fortune. They embody our Core Values, demonstrating that Fanatical Experience is:
•Excellence. We are an accountable, disciplined, high-performing company with proven results.
•Customer-driven. We are proactive, collaborative and committed to success for our customers.
•Expertise. Rackers are passionate learners who are embedded in our customers’ businesses to provide unbiased solutions.
•Agility. We adopt new technologies and evolve services to meet customers where they are in their journey.
•Compassion. We’re one team doing the right thing for our customers, communities, and each other.
Position Overview: As our Azure Cloud Engineer IV you’ll be a key element within the Rackspace support infrastructure team. You’ll lead others to solve complex problems by providing functional leadership to teams and/or projects. You’ll work independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations.
Work Location: Work may be performed 100% remotely.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
•Technical point of escalation to the Cloud Support and Engineering teams; resolving customer issues, working in collaboration with partners across the business, as required
•Lead cross-functional business continuity/transformational projects and customer engagements (both technical and non-technical), delivering key objectives for the Organization
•Advise leadership in setting and executing technological strategy to ensure Rackspace remain head of industry
•Proactively assess, propose, and implement enhancements to system architecture, problem management, fleet management, process improvement, reporting, product integration and customer infrastructure
•Lead Workload/Workforce Management and Optimization related tasks
•Review technical training for all Rackers supporting Rackspace Supported Cloud Products
•Coach, mentor and assists Rackers across the business
•Provide technical expertise underpinning communications targeting a range of stakeholders – from individual contributors to leaders across the business
•Collaborate with Account Managers and Business Development Consultants to build strong customer relationships
•Collaborate and share knowledge with other Engineers on the support floor
•Other Incidental tasks related to the job, as necessary.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Minimum 5 years of technical engineering and administration experience
· 2 years of current commercial experience as a Cloud Engineer working with a high-traffic site
· Advanced knowledge of the Azure Cloud Platform
· Advanced skills with git and git workflows
· Advanced skills in leveraging CI and CD tools to automate testing and deployment
· Advanced of Windows OS, including but not limited to: Server Failover Clustering, Active Directory, IIS
· Strong knowledge of designing, building, implementing, analyzing, and troubleshooting distributed, highly available systems
· Strong automation skills with at least one configuration management system such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt, or other such tools
· Strong understanding of services and protocols, configuration, management, and troubleshooting of hosting environments, including web servers, databases, caching, and database services
· Strong knowledge in the application of current and emerging network, software, and hardware technology and protocols
· Strong web programming and scripting ability
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Good understanding of Linux Systems
· Knowledge of Project Management methodologies
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a related technical field
· At the Manager’s discretion, 4 years of additional related experience may substitute for the degree requirement; if substitution allowed, regional equivalent to High School Diploma is required.
· Must be Microsoft Azure Certified
· Must be a US Citizen
· Ability to obtain and maintain CJIS clearance from the State of Texas
Pay and Benefits: The following information is required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act and applies only to individuals working in the state of Colorado. The anticipated starting pay range of Colorado applicants for this role is $104,200- $135,200. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, licenses and certifications, and specific work location. Information on benefits offered is here: https://rackspace.jobs/benefits/