*This position can be remote within the US*
What we are looking for…
ScienceLogic is looking for an Associate User Experience Designer with a passion for solving highly technical business problems. Our products collect millions of data points a day — it’s our job to make that data easy for our users to comprehend and take appropriate actions.
This can be an entry level position for the right candidate. You’ll have an opportunity to be involved in every step of the design process — working with senior members of the UX team to design and prototype both strategic and tactical design solutions. You'll take an active role in validating and testing our designs throughout the implementation process. You’ll assist with user testing efforts. You’ll assist in implementing the next version of Ping, ScienceLogic’s design system.
We are a distributed design team working with customers, stakeholders, and development teams all over the world. This position reports to the Manager, UX Design.
What you’ll be doing…
- Collaborate and build partnerships with UX and other product team members, internal stakeholders, and of course: our customers and users.
- Document and define user experience issues and opportunities, and identify solutions.
- Support tactical design projects — embedded w/ with a scrum team to help with design and validation; mentored by more senior designers
- Leverage and contribute to Ping, ScienceLogic’s Design System
Qualities you possess…
- A strong desire to work on a fast-paced cross-functional product team — designing technical products: enterprise IT applications with complex data visualizations.
- Great storytelling abilities and compelling presentation skills. You can clearly articulate the design problem, the tradeoffs you've made in your solution, and the impact of different approaches.
- Willing and able to come up to speed quickly in a complex domain. You have the curiosity and willingness to dive into the technical details when needed.
- Enthusiasm for cross-functional team collaboration.
- Strong prioritization skills; you understand that sometimes a solution requires pixel-perfect designs representing every edge case, and at that other times, a few rough sketches are more than enough.
- You are comfortable making decisions without all the information, and can quickly regroup once a misstep is discovered.
- Confidence that you can be successful working with distributed design and development teams.
- You understand systems thinking and component-based design patterns
- A willingness to challenge everything you believe about what makes a great user experience
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in UX, HCI, UXD, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, or similar – or equivalent work experience.
- Experience prototyping with Figma — we need you to be able to hit the ground running with our current toolset
- An online portfolio is not required, but we will want to review case studies or other examples of your previous work.
This will get our attention
- You have some understanding of cloud infrastructure and have experience with platforms like AWS, Axure of Google Cloud
- You have some understanding of IT and Network Infrastructure
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to predict and resolve problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.