As the Associate Purchasing Manager you will be responsible for assisting with procurement duties that support 10+ brands under Amyris Clean Beauty Inc. Reporting directly to the Senior Purchasing Manager the team will perform day to day activities, support Consumer Business Operations with all Purchasing duties, and be their liaison to Amyris ABC Center in Tampa.
- Prepare, process and maintain purchase orders for MFG vendors while maintaining end-to-end documentation of the acquisition of goods, GR and Inventory reconciliation.
- Support Vendor Set Up in Navex Platform and Onboarding process for Cons Bus Ops Vendors.
- Ensure all vendor requested Credit Applications are populated by Brand and authorized by partner with Finance & retuned to vendors in timely manner.
- Audit and resolve all Invoice discrepancies while working closely with cross functional teams accounting & production for all Goods and Services within MFG .
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with external vendors critical to business.
- Provide support to Production team for NetSuite quarter & month end close as well as clean up of ad-hoc projects.
- Lead approvals for all freight Carrier Invoices. Reconciliation daily, and Purchase Order creation monthly.
- Own and Manage Pre-Payment critical invoice processing daily between Cons Bus Ops Purchasing and ABC Center.
- Develop, publish and maintain all Standard Operation Process/SOP’s across all brands within Consumer Business Operations.
- Partner in creating, editing and publishing of our Global Vendor Handbook Guide to support MFG within Consumer Business Operations, to include partnership Amyris Inc Legal Department.
- Provide responsive purchasing support to Consumer Business Operation as well as education and training within NetSuite, TRAX, FEDEX portal and all other web-based tools.
- Support all procurement adhoc related requests from all brands within Cons Bus Ops.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Procurement, Supply Chain or relevant business discipline.
- 7-10+ years of progressive experience in Purchasing, Supply Chain Management, or Global Sourcing.
- Ideal candidate has beauty experience.
- Superior problem solving and analytical skills required.
- Organized and adaptable to assist in multiple projects at once in a fast-paced environment.
- Detailed oriented with an emphasis on accuracy.
- Comfortable being driven by deadlines with a high sense of urgency.
- Highly skilled in negotiating with vendors.
- Fluency in both written and oral communications skills to communicate effectively with all levels and departments both within and outside the company.
- Flexibility – must be able to receive instructions prioritize accordingly.
- High level working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Advanced Excel, Access and Power Point.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Strong self-motivation and the ability to work independently to complete projects.
- Excellent follow-up and follow-through skills.