Associate Project Manager – (Remote – US)
Mediavine Chicago, Illinois, United States Full-time 2022-07-26
Mediavine is seeking a Project Manager to join our Product team. We are looking for someone who enjoys keeping teams organized and focused and who wants to work with a small team of talented engineers and product managers to enhance sites used by millions of readers. Applicants must be based in the United States.
Mediavine is a fast-growing advertising management company representing over 8,000 websites in the food, lifestyle, DIY, and entertainment space. Founded by content creators, for content creators, Mediavine is a Top 20 Comscore property, exclusively reaching over 125 million monthly unique visitors. With best-in-class technology and a commitment to traffic quality and brand safety, we ensure optimal performance for our creators.
Mission & Culture
We help content creators build sustainable businesses. From educational tools and cutting-edge plugins to ad technology that maximizes earnings without slowing down your site, our motivation is ensuring your brand and business grow in every respect.
We are striving to build an inclusive and diverse team of highly talented individuals that reflects the industries we serve and the world we live in. We are committed to creating a culture where everyone feels welcomed. We are looking for individuals that will challenge us to continuously evolve and make Mediavine the employer of choice for people of all backgrounds. We strongly encourage minorities and individuals from underrepresented groups in technology to apply for this position.
Diversity and inclusion aren’t platitudes to us; we take them seriously.
Position Title & Overview:
The Project Manager would play a key role in monitoring and improving processes and process documentation for Product and Engineering work. They would work closely with the Grow team, but also with all departments in coordinating projects large and small to ensure clear communication and assist where needed. They will be expected to know what’s happening when, and make sure everyone else knows too.
For this role, you’ll be an organizational guru. You’re also an excellent communicator and a people person who isn’t intimidated by large projects or technical jargon. You are flexible when working within existing interdepartmental systems and can be diplomatic when coordinating across all departments.
You are comfortable with the cyclic nature of Project Management and understand there will be ebbs and flows to the work. Your goal will be to monitor, maintain, and improve systems and processes that help the Product team launch a huge number of projects and product features.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Understand the various deliverables and tasks that are necessary for a given project and coordinate their execution. Provide gentle reminders as needed
- Help identify potential issues with inter-departmental projects, such as prioritization of tasks, resource constraints, timing conflicts, differences in understanding, etc and organize discussions to resolve them
- Create and maintain current cross-project processes. This includes checking to make sure processes are still effective, revising processes that have become cumbersome, and updating process documentation to improve clarity and reflect process changes
- Continually assist with communication between departments
- Be able to provide project updates to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress quickly and as needed
- Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout the entire project execution
- Measure project performance and utilize retrospectives to identify and implement areas for improvement
- Applicants must be based in the United States
- Deadline for internal applicants to apply is 8/5/22
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or a related field
- 2+ years of project management or related experience
- Flexible with a proven ability to solve problems creatively
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle
- Experience using Jira
- Product Management certification, a plus
- Hands on experience working on a product team
- Excellent analytical skills and an ability to spot a roadblock before it happens
- Strong diplomacy, interpersonal skills, and extremely resourceful
- Proven ability to successfully complete a project from start to finish, according to outlined scope and timeline
Bonus points for:
- Experience managing projects for a tech company is a big plus
- Some familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Experience using Notion
- Remote work environment
- Travel opportunities (remember those!?)
- Comprehensive benefits including 401k, Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Learning allowance
- Generous Vacation/Time off policies
- Additional side benefits such as home-office upgrades, tuition reimbursement, paid gym memberships and wellness retreats, upgraded flights, cool swag and more
- Company match charitable donations
Mediavine is an Equal Opportunity Employer