ABOUT WELL HEALTH
Our Mission: Make healthcare the gold standard in customer service.
What We Deliver: WELL™ Health is a SaaS digital health leader in patient communications and the 2021 Best in KLAS winner in Patient Outreach. WELL Health’s intelligent communications hub is the only two-way digital health solution engaging patients throughout their entire care experience. WELL Health enables conversations between patients and their providers through secure, multilingual messaging in the patient’s preferred communications channel: texting, email, and telephone. By unifying and automating disjointed communications, WELL Health helps healthcare organizations drive more patient visits, build exceptional patient loyalty, and reduce staffing costs, frustration and turnover.
Our Impact: WELL Health helps 200k+ healthcare providers facilitate more than 1 billion messages for 30+ million patients annually.
Our award-winning culture: In 2021, WELL Health was recognized as one of the Best Midsize Companies to Work for in Los Angeles by Built In LA for two consecutive years. Additionally, WELL Health is proud to recently be named #484 on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies, and #133 on Deloitte’s 2021 Technology Fast 500. In 2020, WELL Health was named among the Best Places to Work by Modern Healthcare.
WELL Health’s Product team is looking for a motivated and energetic Associate Product Manager. As an Associate Product Manager, you will report to a Product Manager and work closely with the entire Product team and WELL Health organization.
You will assist the team in analyzing, documenting, and communicating product features to build a product backlog and write user stories that can be developed by engineering teams. Your responsibilities include working closely with different departments within the company, analyzing product data to make product recommendations, interviewing customers to receive customer feedback, and compiling product data. You will study product performance in order to create a better product.
This is an exciting role if you are looking for your next opportunity at a growing startup and want to help improve the world of healthcare patient communication. This role will provide you with many learning opportunities, and prepare you for higher-level Product Management roles.
- Assist in the prioritization, scoping, and populating the backlog within the Data team.
- Compile high-level business needs by working with internal and external clients across business units, and product stakeholders using interviews, jobs to be done (JTBD) analysis, surveys, business process descriptions, use cases, and workflow analysis
- Translate business needs into product artifacts (e.g. user stories, clear and concise acceptance criteria, product functionality documentation)
- Participate in external customer demos and validation of features and user stories. Share artifacts with internal stakeholders for go-to-market decisions, prioritization, and execution
- Support the PM of the assigned product domain to prioritize feature development
- Analyze and monitor data and reports from Salesforce, Pendo, Looker, and other data sources to inform product data development
- Research and document competitive analysis from a product-feature perspective to inform the product roadmap
- Assist the company in achieving short and long-term goals relating to product growth
- Assist the Product Team with Product Data metrics (Pendo and Looker)
- Bachelor’s Degree (Business, Engineering, Math, or Data Science preferred)
- Have worked in an Agile/SCRUM environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills (1-2 years of experience working with data preferred)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Able to work under pressure and adapt to change
- Previous consumer or SaaS product management experience
- Previous consulting experience
- Experience in Looker, Tableau, PowerBI, or a similar BI platform
- Extensive knowledge of Google Workspace or Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience working with Atlassian Software
WELL Health is headquartered in Santa Barbara, CA. For this role, if you are located outside of the Santa Barbara area, we are open to candidates that are currently located within the United States and are interested in working remotely. #LI-Remote
WORKING AT WELL HEALTH
- Fantastic company culture – frequent Zoom company events (Lunch & Learns, trivia, yoga, etc.) and daily fun brought to you by many creative Slack channels.
- Employee equity groups – 11 groups available for all to join. Black & Latinx, Women, LGBTQ+, Disability, and many more!
- Learning and development – frequent events and tools available to help our employees #PursueGrowth.
- Career mobility – we promote from within and have opportunities for employees to transfer between teams.
- Santa Barbara office perks – dog-friendly office, healthy (and unhealthy) snacks, Kombucha and beer on tap, light-filled space, standing desks, and the occasional taco truck.
- Company perks and benefits – MacBook Pro provided, unlimited PTO, generous equity package and full health benefits (medical, dental, and vision).
Committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
WELL Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fair and equitable hiring practices. All hiring decisions at WELL Health are based on strategic business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All candidates are considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexuality, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other protected status.
With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. WELL Health is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage you to apply for positions even if you do not meet 100% of the criteria. We would love to connect with you and see if you would be a great fit for our role!
We’re dedicated to creating an inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace, where everyone feels safe to be themselves and diversity is a strength. WELL Health is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment; WELL Health will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.
Candidates should be aware that WELL Health currently maintains a policy requiring all employees (Resident, Mobile and Remote) to be fully vaccinated. New employees should be fully vaccinated by their start date. WELL Health is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.