Join us to help our customers fight the bad guys! With threats to organizations growing, and breach notices in the news every day, our market is growing exponentially. We need an entry level Post-Sales Solutions Engineer to help our customers improve their security posture. As a Solutions Engineer at DomainTools, you will have the opportunity to work with the largest companies in the world to conceptualize and implement new and inventive ways to integrate our products and data within their workflows and systems (typically SIEM, TIP, SOAR technologies).
You are talented, driven and insanely curious, you’re focused on helping Enterprise Customers operationalize the DomainTools product suite. You are excited to dive into all aspects of the go-to-market organization at DomainTools to help our teams with presentations, demonstrations, customer trainings and technical support.
As an Associate Solutions Engineer, you will work towards acting as the primary technical resource during our customer engagement processes, working alongside our account representatives to provide support during discovery, demonstration and proof of concept. You will lead focused beginner training, onboarding and education sessions to help guide implementation of our solution set. You will also be a key provider of T2 / T3 technical support by triaging escalated customer and prospect issues. This will involve a significant amount of cross team operational excellence, liaising with our product and engineering teams to drive timely resolutions.
We want a collaborative and energetic individual that is keen to learn and advance their skills and experience in the CyberSecurity universe but can demonstrate a working knowledge of appropriate technical concepts (see below). A successful candidate must be a flawless communicator, must be agile in their ability to translate highly technical concepts for the understanding of non-technical audiences and vice versa. They can / will contribute to customer advocacy internally, excel in a dynamic environment, deliver messaging and feedback both to customers as well as back into the product, engineering and integration organizations.
We are a team that aims to support the provision of world class customer experience and as such being proactive in your approach to this goal is key. You will have mentors and resources to assist with learning but your success will depend heavily on your ability to consume new information independently and using your initiative to reach out to experts within the organization for specialist knowledge transfer.
Location: Remote within the US- PST working hours
Base Compensation: $84,000-$110,000 USD
- Learn to effectively communicate DomainTools technical architecture, product capabilities and assist in customers’ use and implementation of products and services.
- Provide T2 / T3 technical support to our customers by triaging tickets and liaising with the product and engineering teams to deliver timely answers.
- Deliver technical product presentations and demonstrations, primarily by remote teleconference but occasionally on-site or at industry trade shows. Collaborate with Customer Success Managers to deliver a targeted demonstration that ties in our products’ capabilities to desired customer use-cases.
- Become an expert in delivery of the DomainTools Engage training program with a view towards enabling our customers to more effectively derive value from DomainTools products.
- Become an expert on Cyber Threat Intelligence and DomainTools data, as well as the competitive landscape.
- Collaborate with the DomainTools product and engineering teams to define and test new features across all products that leverage current and emerging DomainTools datasets and adapt to changes in new integrations.
- Be diligent in documenting best practices and lessons learned. Contribute to documentation and learning content for both internal teams and an external audience.
- Utilize Confluence, Jira, Zendesk and Salesforce to track all pertinent information related to products, features, bugs, opportunities, and accounts.
- Occasional travel may be required. (~20%)
Key Applicant Qualifications:
- Demonstrable experience in enterprise SaaS, Fortune 500 in a similar customer facing role.
- Working knowledge or recent experience with scripting languages (basic authoring), modern object oriented programming languages (reading, not authoring), databases, and analytical tools.
- Experience communicating effectively with customer engineers about a product’s technical capabilities, including API endpoints and integration use cases.
- Experience in active troubleshooting of complex technical issues.
- Fast learner, insanely curious, adept at both understanding and articulating new technologies as well as their corresponding value propositions on the fly.
- Ability to excel in a high pressure, fast paced environment (we are a small company and as such often wear many hats to achieve the impact of a much larger one).
Preferred Qualifications: (Bonus Points)
- Experience or familiarity with the CyberSecurity industry.
- Understanding of common OS, Browser, OSI Stack, DNS, Domain Registration, TCP/IP and networking technologies.
- Good understanding of various firewall and web proxy technologies.
- Working knowledge of SIEM / TIP / SOAR platforms.
- Familiarity with JSON / RESTful API endpoints.
- Familiarity with Big Data concepts and the management of large on-premise datasets.
DomainTools is the global leader for internet intelligence and the first place security practitioners go when they need to know. The world’s most advanced security teams use our solutions to identify external risks, investigate threats, and proactively protect their organizations in a constantly evolving threat landscape. DomainTools constantly monitors the Internet and brings together the most comprehensive and trusted domain, website and DNS data to provide immediate context and machine-learning driven risk analytics delivered in near real-time.
DomainTools offers a comprehensive benefits package to our employees that includes fully paid medical, dental and vision insurance premiums, a 401k retirement plan with company matching, basic life insurance, flexible PTO and additional well-being benefits.
DomainTools embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion to its fullest as an equal opportunity employer. We build our teams so creativity and innovation can flourish. We believe inclusivity and equity fosters innovation and growth; and we harness this mindset to drive a culture that serves our employees and our customers. We encourage people of all backgrounds, ages, perspectives, and skill sets to apply; and do not discriminate based on age, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.