Hi there! We’re PAR and our purpose is:
To deliver solutions that connect people to the restaurants, meals and moments they love.
We take that responsibility very seriously. As a leading provider of technology to the top restaurant brands in the world we’re calling all rebels, instigators, idealists and builders to join our constantly growing team!
PAR invented the first standalone point of sale terminal over 40 years ago, yet we operate much like a start-up at the forefront of restaurant technology. Today, our solutions span Customer loyalty, engagement, restaurant management, payment services, drive-thru, and full POS integrations. These solutions are used to serve tens of millions of guests every day in over 120 countries.
Our mission is to build the number one restaurant technology company in the world and we’re off to great start.
We believe that our ambition is only limited by our ability to attract and retain great people; people who are up for the challenge to change the game with us! If it sounds like you belong here, we should meet!
We are looking for an Associate General Counsel to join the PAR Legal Team. The ideal candidate for this role will have significant experience with SaaS agreements, software license agreements and other commercial contracts, and data privacy and data security.
Remote – reporting directly to PAR’s Chief Legal Officer who is located in New Hartford, New York.
The base salary range for this position is $150,000 to $250,000+ USD commensurate with work location, experience, skills, certifications, education, and prior accomplishments. The position may be eligible for additional compensation, including cash bonus and/or equity incentives.
What You will Do
- Support PAR’s data privacy and data security programs, and assist with developing, updating, and maintaining policies and procedures relating to data privacy and data security.
- Structure, negotiate, draft, and review a wide range of technology agreements, including SaaS agreements and software licenses, and other commercial agreements, including professional service agreements, supply and procurement agreements, and joint development, distribution, and outsourcing agreements, and provide advice, strategies, and solutions regarding the same.
- Provide legal guidance and support to PAR’s data security, product engineering/development, sales, human resources, and other internal PAR stakeholders on compliance matters relating to data privacy and data security.
- Collaborate with internal PAR stakeholders at all levels to effectively minimize legal risk to the business while supporting and assisting in the achievement of PAR’s business and strategic objectives.
What We Are Looking For
- JD degree from an accredited law school
- Minimum of 7+ years legal experience.
- Superior analytical and writing skills.
- Extensive experience in technology agreements and other types of technology transactions.
- Extensive knowledge and experience analyzing and applying federal, state, and global laws related to data privacy and data security, including regulations and requirements, such as GDPR, CCPA/CPRA etc.
- Prior experience supporting companies in the restaurant and retail industries preferred.
PAR is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We also provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please visit the US Department of Labor's website.