Who We Are
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education
Associate Business Intelligence Analyst:
The Associate Business Intelligence Analyst designs reports, helps build data-driven processes, and delivers insights to support the work of General Assembly’s (GA) global team. This role sits on the data team and reports to the Manager of Data Analytics.
The data team is not only responsible for making sure that GA’s data solutions are efficient, intelligent, user-friendly, and accessible to employees across the organization, but also works closely with GA’s leadership team, providing them with data-driven insights that drive greater business performance and strategy. The data team includes a data engineering team (director of data engineering, senior data engineer, and a data engineer), an analytics team (Manager of Data Analytics, 4 senior analysts, and an associate analyst–this position), a VP of Data, and a senior technical product manager. Our data technology stack includes Redshift, Python, SQL, Tableau, and Stitch Data.
Candidates for this role should enjoy data analysis, communicate clearly, and be enthusiastic about learning more about data in an organization whose mission is to empower individuals to do the work they love.
- Using SQL and Tableau, build/edit reports and dashboards that empower decision making across business units at General Assembly
- Work with business stakeholders to determine what data is available and what will best help them make decisions, and present new reports to them with clear context about the data
- Validate data quality and report accuracy by comparing to original sources and manual calculations
- Assist users attempting self-service reporting in Tableau, and make recommendations on how we can improve this reporting functionality
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis on specific business problems (questions like “which of our workshops best drives future enrollments?”)
- Collaborate with your team on report design, data source structure, and data best practices
- No professional data analysis experience required–show us what you’ve learned so far, and come in with a problem-solving mindset!
- Bootcamp graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Beginner-to-intermediate proficiency in SQL (Postgres preferred). You should be confident in writing a 6 part select statement and validating your data.
- Proficiency with a data visualization tool, such as Looker, Power BI, or Tableau. Tableau experience preferred (Have a public project? Please share with us!)
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, or Salesforce is a plus.
- Strong communication skills and empathy to understand stakeholder challenges.
- Comfortable learning and working in ambiguity. Confident asking questions with your team and with stakeholders.
- Energized by our mission of transforming people’s lives and careers through experiential education.