WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, hundreds of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 3 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Cross-Channel Campaign Management (Independent Platforms), Q3 2021, and was named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for the fourth consecutive year. The company has also been selected as one of Fortune’s Best Workplace for Millennials in 2021, and was ranked #20 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplaces in 2021. Braze is certified as a Great Place to Work in the UK and the U.S. and is recognized as one of the UK's Best Workplaces for Women.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We’re looking for a multifaceted, hands-on Art Director to work across a variety of mediums including one sheets, infographics, slides, motion graphics, videos, sites and more. This role will be the lead collaborator with our Customer and Partner Education team, overseeing the design development of content that prioritize learning outcomes and drive product adoption. Major projects this year will include a redesign of the Education website and a LMS platform.You will have a leadership role and partner with cross-discipline teams to activate the Braze brand standards across educational and marketing content.
PLEASE NOTE: ONLINE PORTFOLIO REQUIRED
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Bring creativity, attention to detail and efficiency while working under tight deadlines and multiple projects simultaneously.
- Lead team members throughout the creative process from concept to production.
- Conceptualize visual design solutions that maintain the consistency of the Braze brand across channels.
- Effectively coordinate and maintain relationships with outside vendors, freelancers and printers.
- Mentor and/or manage junior staff
- Be enthusiastic, proactive and eager to learn new skills
- Collaborate to help elevate the quality and production level of the work coming out of the creative team.
- Define the development of the creative team's culture and quality standards
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with team, and leadership.
- Collaborate with instructional designers to develop visual strategies for communicating learning content
- Develop brand guidelines which allow the Customer and Partner education team to operate with agility and independence on more standardized content creation.
- Consult with Curriculum Development team on best practices for visual communication of complex ideas across mediums
- Help to build a Braze Education design system that supports consistency and efficiency across education content
- Help to build templates that drive adoption of the design system for slides, videos, motion graphics, and websites.
WHO YOU ARE
- 5+ years of professional design experience
- BFA/BA in Graphic Design, Communication Design, or related field
- You have a passion for designing experiences to cater to different learning modalities.
- Strong advocate for accessibility through design
- Possess a strong online portfolio that demonstrates versatility and a broad range of design knowledge and skills
- Expertise of industry tools (Figma, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and AfterEffects)
- Knowledge of HTML, Keynote, Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro.
- Knowledgeable of website and mobile UI design fundamentals, including responsive best practices
- Experience working with developers and communicating design specifications
- Experience creating print materials for press and content-heavy collateral
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work on multiple projects
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to juggle multiple, demanding tasks simultaneously and with accuracy
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Experience with creating assets for educational experiences
- Experience with photo and/or video shoot production
- Ability to illustrate abstract concepts.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Generous time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.