Who We Are:
At Platform Science, we’re working to connect everything that moves.
Founded in 2015, we are an open IoT platform that partners with innovative fleets, application developers, vehicle manufacturers, and equipment providers in the transportation industry to deliver revolutionary solutions to supply chain professionals across the globe.
Our employees are an engaging, diverse group of people who believe in the power of great ideas. We hire people with different experiences and perspectives to build a company culture that fuels growth through innovation.
We value thoughtful actions and empathy for others. We approach challenges with resiliency and creativity, while encouraging transparency because, no matter our backgrounds or responsibilities, we are one team.
About the Team:
Developer Support Engineers are responsible for ensuring that the reliability of our products are meeting the high expectations of our customers and partners. As a Support Engineer for developers, you will have the opportunity to learn all aspects of our platform and how our customers and partners interact with it.
As part of this team you will facilitate partner integrations, triage and troubleshoot issues, and work hand-in-hand with both internal and external groups to ensure product stability. If you’re passionate about learning and curious about how things work, you may be a good fit for this role.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop a deep understanding of Platform Science’s products and processes.
- Provide expeditious support to our partners.
- Triage, troubleshoot and resolve technical issues encountered by partner developers.
- Create and maintain technical documentation and knowledge articles that enable others to resolve issues.
- Contribute to the creation of training materials that enable partners to easily use the tools, documentation, and processes provided.
- Consult with product development teams on documentation and best practices for integrating to products via API.
- Be the expert on all of our integrations that can either answer or help find the answer to any question development partners may have.
- Take part in a 24/7 on-call rotation responsible for coordinating Platform Science’s response to mission-critical incidents, ensuring efficient resolution with minimal customer impact.
What We’re Looking For:
- Software development background
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Experience querying and communicating data
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Emphasis on documentation to avoid tribal knowledge
- Desire to learn new technologies while supporting existing
- Passion to empower others and automate where possible
- Curiosity to understand complex interactions
- Security minded
Platform Science Benefits Highlights:
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits (some plans for employees are 100% covered by Platform Science)
- Generous paid time off and company holidays
- Up to 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- 401k matching
- Investment in your professional growth in the company
At this time we only consider candidates in these states: AL, AR, AZ, CA, FL, GA, IL, KY, MA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NC, NH, NV, OK, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. In the future we plan to add more states.