Analytics Engineer: Clinical Operations
Firefly Health Watertown, Massachusetts, United States Full-time 2022-07-28
Be a part of the team building the future of healthcare!
Firefly Health is building a revolutionary new type of comprehensive health “care and coverage,” powered by a relationship-driven care team, a trusted virtual and in-person clinical network, and our proprietary technology platform.
Founded by experienced clinicians and technology leaders, Firefly Health is on a mission to deliver half-priced health care that’s twice as good, clinically and emotionally. We are flipping the script on what it means to be a health plan and actually providing a true health benefit to members.
We are intensely focused on optimizing the physical + mental + financial wellbeing of those who want (and deserve) something better than the status quo. If you are ready to roll up your sleeves and take on our audacious mission, then we would love to hear from you.
At Firefly we’re building a new team based care model and scaling it quickly. It’s important that we deeply understand the performance of our operations as we scale, design metrics to understand our capacity, forecast future needs, support clinicians and leadership with insights into the operational workflows, and partner with our tech team to measure the ops impact of new features as they roll out.
You should have experience using data to guide performance and decision-making while scaling an operationally complex team.
Our analytics stack includes Looker, FiveTran, dbt, Snowflake, and an EC2 server for Python scripts. You will report to the Head of Analytics.
- Work closely with clinical leadership to define KPIs that measure team performance and capacity, you will also work closely with teams across the company that support clinical operations.
- Work closely with the engineering team that supports the clinical operations workstream to help the team measure the impact of software releases, set priorities, and make informed tradeoff decisions about what to work on.
- Identify opportunities to drive operational improvements in how this team delivers care as we scale, and work with leadership and front-line clinicians and operators to see these opportunities through to measurable outcomes.
- Become well-acquainted with internal tools for analytics engineering (dbt) and visualization (Looker).
You’d be a good fit if you have:
- Proven experience as an analyst or data scientist supporting clinical or non-clinical operational scaling
- Experience with Looker (or another modern BI tool), Snowflake, and dbt
- Experience working in healthcare and an interest in improving it
- Been part of quickly-growing organizations and data teams in the past.
Note: we have in office located in Watertown, MA, however, it is not a requirement that you live in the Boston area for this role. You will need to work mostly US East Coast hours though.
Firefly is an equal opportunity employer. We value diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We’re committed to building and sustaining an inclusive workplace culture where individuals are treated with dignity and respect. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.