Adaptavist is a global software innovator, enabling organisations to digitally transform how they collaborate and get work done. Founded in 2005 and with a growing global reach, our customers cut across every major industry and include more than half of all Fortune 500 companies.
Today, Adaptavist leverages its deep technical understanding of Atlassian and innovative partnership with Slack to help organisations embrace new ways of working to achieve competitive advantage.
Through trusted consultancy, app development, training, hosting, and licensing solutions, Adaptavist has established itself as the go-to partner of choice within the Atlassian Ecosystem.
Your role as one of our Analytics Engineers will be to provide technical expertise and development skills in order to support data driven activity and decision making within the wider organisation. This includes working closely alongside colleagues within the internal data team, composed of talented Analysts, Engineers and Data Scientists the role will have the opportunity to drive how insights and analysis are used to solve business critical problems, aid decision making and shape the way forward.
You’ll collaborate with a variety of teams, including but not limited to marketing, product, HR, finance and sales, this position will work towards solving complex data problems.
The Analytics Engineer works closely with Analysts to deliver project based improvements to the data stack as well supporting our production environment on a rota basis (within normal working hours, no out of hours requirement present). Support of the production environment includes a variety of tasks such as assisting with customer questions , technical support of the stack and working to resolve any issues arising from the daily production run,
Some of the things you’ll do
- Contribute to the design of the Datavault (Business Vault) and Kimball Star Schema
- Build working relationships with stakeholders and clients internally to successfully deliver against project based activities.
- Design analytics and insights solutions to address complex and challenging business questions, problems and needs.
- Contribute to complex projects within the analytics and wider team whilst using recognised project management methodology to achieve successful delivery
- Explore data to identify new patterns and trends.
- Support the delivery of timely and accurate reporting to aid operational management and monitoring.
- Collaborate with Data and Analytics Engineering teams to facilitate self-service analytics and maintain high data quality throughout.
What we’re looking for
- Skills and experience with SQL
- Proven ETL/ELT skills (DBT/Matillion/Alteryx etc )
- Experience of working within and development of a Modern Data stack /Database (Redshift, Snowflake etc)
- Relevant programming experience in at least one non SQL coding Language (Python ideal)
- Experience with Excel/Google Sheets/etc.
- Able to work on own initiative, self motivate, and time manage efficiently
- Able to communicate technical solutions/issues to technical and non technical staff
- Patient , methodical and able to challenge in a constructive manner, providing evidence and engaging discussion to resolve issues.
Few nice to haves
- Experience within a fast-paced, fast-growth Tech start-up environment
- Experience of either Kimball (star schema) modeling or Datavault modeling (both Ideal).
- Experience with Cloud Service Provider technologies (AWS ideal)
- Certification in Cloud Services (Azure,AWS)
- Experience with analyzing data from third-party technology platforms, such as Google Analytics, Hubspot, Segment and Facebook Campaign Manager among others
- Experience of Airflow & related technologies