Adaptavist is a global software innovator, enabling organisations to digitally transform how they collaborate and get work done. Founded in 2005 and with a growing global reach, our customers cut across every major industry and include more than half of all Fortune 500 companies.
Today, Adaptavist leverages its deep technical understanding of Atlassian and innovative partnership with Slack to help organisations embrace new ways of working to achieve competitive advantage.
Through trusted consultancy, app development, training, hosting, and licensing solutions, Adaptavist has established itself as the go-to partner of choice within the Atlassian Ecosystem.
As our Analytics Analyst your role is to provide actionable, data driven, insights to the business. The team are the ‘Front Door’ for end users into the wider Analytics Team (comprising of Analytics Analyst & Analytics Engineers), leveraging excellent stakeholder management and analysis skills to improve the outcome of business decisioning.
You’ll contribute to the Presentation layer of our Data Stack ( BI reports, Presentation Layer, Kimball Models) and you’ll have a significant impact on the ability of the organisation to access information and insights.
You’ll work closely with the organisation to understand Business Issues which require reporting or information, translate these into requirements , then working alongside Analytics Engineers, deliver solutions.
The Analytics Analyst is a hybrid role, combining skills around problem solving and understanding stakeholder’s needs, alongside implementation of Technical Solutions (Modelling, SQL, coding, Databases etc). They look to leverage our ‘Data Estate’, focussing on reusability of Models, ease of access to information for end users and evangelising the use of our Data Assets.
Some of the things you’ll do
- Work with stakeholders across the business (product development, marketing, consultancy), delivering timely, accurate insights and data to the business
- Work on complex projects (3-6 months) to develop new Data Assets.
- Evangelise with the wider organisation on usage of our Data Stack.
- Work with stakeholders to translate Business Requirements into Technical Spec’s, then working with the Team to deliver.
- Contribute to the ‘Presentation’ Layer of the Data Stack (modeling, Kimball)
- Create new dashboards and ad-hoc reports for departments across the company, documenting the transformation and business logic
- Maintain and updating existing dashboards and reports based on requests from business stakeholders
- Manipulate, analyse and interpret complex data sets to draw valid inferences and determine key metrics
- Follow robust Change Control Process to ‘Protect Production Environment’
- Review other Team Members Change Requests.
What we’re looking for
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of SQL
- Stakeholder Management Skills
- Enjoys Problem Solving
- Business Analysis Skills (Can take an idea and translate to a Tech Spec)
- Basic knowledge of data visualisation tools like Tableau etc (we use Superset)
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel and Google Sheets
- Able to work on own initiative, self motivate, prioritise and time manage efficiently
- Drive to learn and improve technical and soft skills
- Able to communicate technical solutions/issues to technical and non technical staff
Few nice to haves
- Advanced Experience with SQL and Data Visualisation tools
- Experience of Data Modelling (Kimball, Datavault)
- Snowflake experience
- DBT experience