CruxOCM is a venture capital backed seed stage technology start-up on a mission to enhance safety and efficiency in control room operations in the $87.5 trillion dollar per year heavy industry through robotic industrial process automation (RIPA). Our diverse team is composed of highly skilled talent from the technology and energy industries.
CruxOCM was born from the belief that control room operators should be given the best tools available to perform their jobs safely and efficiently, while at the same time minimizing environmental impact and maximizing bottom-line revenue for operating companies while leveraging their existing equipment. We thought, if pilots have autopilot software, why don’t control room operators?
Inspired by the challenges our founders experienced working in major control rooms and in process control, we set out to build the tools needed to operate major industrial assets more effectively from the heart and soul of the operation, the control room.
We are proud to help energy companies operate in the safest, and most efficient way possible.
Why Join Us
With CruxOCM, you will be given a high level of autonomy and responsibility in achieving results. We offer a trust-based, flexible workplace. We thrive on change, operate on trust, and leverage our team’s diverse perspectives in everything we do. We solve problems at a rapid pace and challenge the status quo. In short, we get stuff done.
We are looking for individuals who are intrinsically motivated and passionate about improving efficiency in the energy industry. As a part of our smart, ambitious team, you will help CruxOCM scale to be the first mover in this market.
You will also have continuous learning opportunities and mentorship, as well as the tools necessary to be effective in our environment and provide CruxOCM provide continuous learning opportunities and mentorship. Our goal is to provide the opportunity for each of our employees to be at the forefront of the energy industry’s rapid digitalization movement.
We are excited to face the challenges ahead. Guided by our core values and ESG standards, we will meet these challenges together and solve them intelligently and creatively.
What We Are Looking For
We’re growing and looking for an experienced APC Engineer to join our team. In this role you will help the CruxOCM team to build and implement steady-state and transient simulation models to support software deployment to our customers. Your advanced control knowledge will be used to design new product modules, perform configuration and tuning of modules for on-going deployments and to identify new opportunities to support and lead CruxOCM’s product growth.
We are looking for someone who is interested in applying their knowledge in new ways to advance how simulation and control techniques can be leveraged with other technologies to provide industry changing software products in a fast growing technology start-up.
- 3+ years experience building process simulation models
- 3+ years experience configuring and tuning industrial control systems, including model based approaches such as Lambda tuning, APC, and system identification
- Possesses a deep understanding of hydraulic theory
- Experience with OPC and other communication platforms
- Can successfully execute projects as part of a team, on time and on budget
- Excellent prioritization skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Willingness to ask for help and work as a team
- Comfortable and professional in meetings with customers
An Asset (if you have them)
- Experience writing technical specification documents
- Ability to code in Python
- Experience with Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence
- Experience training team members in theory and application of process control
- Completion of steady-state and hydraulic transient simulation models using CruxOCM’s simulation software
- Development, maintenance and improvement of CruxOCM’s simulation software platform
- Completion of CruxOCM product configuration as part of customer projects, including control system tuning and communications
- Development of process control application modules within CruxOCMs product lines
- Acting as a technical lead and/or subject matter expert (SME) including providing training to Customer and CruxOCM personnel
- Presenting project results to Customers and participating in project meetings
- Work with the Development Team and/or participate in developing CruxOCM’s code base